Going to camp. Need some help.

Oct 18, 2008
www.youtube.com
If he's performing to a group of real people, I wouldn't recommend this so much...:rolleyes:

Some tricks I can think of off the top of my head are:

-Stigmata
-Culligula Triumph (if you have been into cards for 4 years...)
-Five Speed
-Hofsinzers Aristocrats
-Paul's Bill Comes Due
-Finger Flicker
-Criterion or Recharge if you have a good ClipShift

These are just some of the things I perform regularly, and I have been into card magic for 2 years, so with double the amount of experience as me, you should have no trouble with these effects...

Why not bring Sponge Balls and Rubberbands along too? There is plenty of easy and hard-hitting stuff to do with these. People will get tired of the cards, trust me...

Hope that helped.

Good luck my friend!

All the best,

-Sanj

Thank you very much for all of the ideas I really like Hofsinzers Aristocrats. I'm probably going to use this one thank you very much. :)

how can you be doing magic for 4 years and not know what tricks to do for people?

acr, biddle, transpo, tnr, any pick a card find a card, card to ceiling is alright, sandwich routines, search and destroy, karate cards, mind bender, kaos, stigmata just to name a few.

do some coin stuff too. french drop is good. basically a one coin routine.
prophet i always carry around.
THUMB TIP
metal bending,

just bring a lil backpack with magic things in it.
and if u cant find out what to do, then idk what.

i had to go to a christian camp for a whole week. they dont allow playing cards, because of gambling.
so i did metal bending, some loop things, money tricks bussiness card things.
thats about it.
so you have it easy lol
but yea different acr things. and dont be doing magic all week. save it for like once a day or something.
ppl may get annoyed if u do magic all the time.
my metal bending routine worked about all week! and it was the same bends over and over again. so maybe if u are into that you can get your hands on some cheap dining hall forks. (idk how big the camp is)

May 31, 2008
just bring a lil backpack with magic things in it.
and if u cant find out what to do, then idk what.

i had to go to a christian camp for a whole week. they dont allow playing cards, because of gambling.
so i did metal bending, some loop things, money tricks bussiness card things.
thats about it.
so you have it easy lol
but yea different acr things. and dont be doing magic all week. save it for like once a day or something.
ppl may get annoyed if u do magic all the time.
my metal bending routine worked about all week! and it was the same bends over and over again. so maybe if u are into that you can get your hands on some cheap dining hall forks. (idk how big the camp is)

I like how you say, "I had to"

So, if you're looking for some easy stuff, Royal Road is great. Also you should check the 1-ON-1 section if you just want a few things for camp. They have lots of easy stuff like Triumph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 18, 2008
www.youtube.com
how can you be doing magic for 4 years and not know what tricks to do for people?

acr, biddle, transpo, tnr, any pick a card find a card, card to ceiling is alright, sandwich routines, search and destroy, karate cards, mind bender, kaos, stigmata just to name a few.

do some coin stuff too. french drop is good. basically a one coin routine.
prophet i always carry around.
THUMB TIP
metal bending,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I have many good effects, but I was trying to get some input from all of you, and see what effects you guys perform when you are put into a situation similar to mine, and like you said in another post I do have it easy because I can use cards and any supplies I would like to bring.

May 31, 2008
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I have many good effects, but I was trying to get some input from all of you, and see what effects you guys perform when you are put into a situation similar to mine, and like you said in another post I do have it easy because I can use cards and any supplies I would like to bring.

Oh, I see. So if I was stranded in a summer camp for a month with nothing magic-related I would:

Try and scrounge the materials to make a Riot gimmick (I guess I could use tree sap and other natural materials jk)

Try and scrounge the materials to make a Redline gimmick

ACR

the Biddle Trick

Designed for Laughter (first trick Aaron Fisher learned at Summer camp when he was a kid)

the French Drop (if anyone has coins)

Mindreach

Stigmata

Turnover Card

Poker Player's Picnic

Twisting the Aces

Two-Card Monte

Blind

That's all my more or less impromptu card stuff excluding a couple that wouldn't work for crowds (Tivo 2.0 etc.) If it's a big camp they could last me a long time. Maybe you could do a new different effect every night in your cabin before you go to sleep? I've only been to overnight camp once, and it was only a week long thing. It was about a month before I got into magic though.

you could combine an ACR and like make the card go to your pocket, but its really just a dupe set for angle zero. They will have seen the card whole the entire routine, so when you finally finish with angle zero it will seem all the more impossible

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Nice try, but no.

I gave him the answer. A lot of Mentalism doesn't require any props besides stuff you can borrow ( a Pen and a pad of paper.)

And you think thats enough to perform good mentalism?
Many magicians cant do it to save their life,and he doesnt seem to be up to that level yet for it.
Lack of props for magic performance is gonna be very drab.
With a thump tip you can do switches,transofrmations,vanishes,anything at all.
Just kickstart the gears in your brain and think of what you can do.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I have many good effects, but I was trying to get some input from all of you, and see what effects you guys perform when you are put into a situation.

Your not into much of a situation.Are you seriously gonna perform ALL the time being there? Learn to control yourself and say no,respect your magic dont throw it around all day.
You have to make them want it more.Dont just give it to them everytime they ask

Card tricks:
tricks that uses ziplocks? since it's a camp, there should be some around (Witness and Indecent).
burned by D+M (don't forget to bring lighter, or use the bonfire)

Other than card....things which can be found around camp.

a roll of thread, and perform gypsy thread and thread.
Control will also do =))
rubber band tricks?
bullet or factory sealed. (empty or filled bottles are probably around "there".
there includes trash bin, personal bottle, cafeteria bottle)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results