Goodbye Dresscode....Welcome Again Crush!

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hello Everyone..

So I `ve designing my character lately...and with them lots of effects are now forbiden for my character...as the title suggests, I just got Dresscode some weeks ago, but sadly it no longer fits my character (it`s looks like a trick after all..also Pressure is gone) but...Crush which I bought some months ago, it`s now part of my repertoire since it fits the character...even when it`s not so practical like other tricks...

My question here is has anybody of you went to something like this...to let go some of the tricks you love in order to advance?

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Hello Everyone..

So I `ve designing my character lately...and with them lots of effects are now forbiden for my character...as the title suggests, I just got Dresscode some weeks ago, but sadly it no longer fits my character (it`s looks like a trick after all..also Pressure is gone) but...Crush which I bought some months ago, it`s now part of my repertoire since it fits the character...even when it`s not so practical like other tricks...

My question here is has anybody of you went to something like this...to let go some of the tricks you love in order to advance?

I don't think you ever let go but yet put away til later. I have been searching for new things and I have found that some do not suite me at this time but would like to find away to add them in later. I do see where you are coming from though Luis. I have both effects you talk about and I love them both. They at this time do not fit what I want to do. I am glade that I learned them both.

Good luck to you my friend
James

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I think you are correct Luis. I have items that I have just set aside and I may not even use for a few years but I knew at the time when I purchased them that I liked the effect...it blew me away...and so I bought it to use at some point in time.

Nov 19, 2010
I had to put away dresscode for a while n also my no smoking routine this table hopping really gets difficult when I can't wear my jacket to hold so many more props but I never really had to cut an effect out completely from my routine

Sep 1, 2007
absolutely, for example I do comedy mentalism, but I wouldn't call it "mentalism" because I don't do any tricks that make it seem like I have any supernatural powers. Naturally I re-patter almost every mental effect I touch but I've had to leave many alone.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Happens all the time for me. Everything I perform is carefully selected to try and give the audience an experience unique to my business branding, i.e a USP.

I am also in this habit, although I don't do it often. when I perform, I have a pack of cards and some spoons and thats it, but every now and then I'll buy a trick, attempt to fit it in once or twice when performing for people and watch it annoyingly flop because it doesn't fit my style. I love the trick and if I happen to have it with me I'll do it every now and then because it is a great trick, but it doesn't get the reactions I feel it deserves so it isn't in my set.

I personally don't use gimmicks anymore although I keep one or two in my card case in case the opportunity arises, but I've found that being able to just do something with no special props is amazing for the spectator to watch, just as amazing as using gimmicks. Just my style but it works for me :)

Simon_Magic

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results