Graphic designers?

Hi everyone!

I've created a sandwich routine, and I'm going to release it as an ebook, and I was wondering if anyone of you would be interested for doing the graphics for it? I'm afraid I can't pay you anything because I have a low budget.

Just for a fun project. You will ofc be credited in the pdf.

Best regards

/Nicholas

Me and my friend Lloyd have started a company about this.

PM or email me : geraint2k2@hotmail.com

We will produce the graphics and compile a pdf for you.
Advertise it, and market it.

We take a cut on the profit, but you get the majority.

Cheers,

G

Just because you designed a picture you think it is OK to take a cut of the profit for every one he sells? - That is a bit over the top isn't it?

Axe

Apr 3, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Just because you designed a picture you think it is OK to take a cut of the profit for every one he sells? - That is a bit over the top isn't it?
Let me ask you something, did you read the entire post?
I think that if somebody; produced the graphics, compiled the PDF,advertised it, and marketed it. That they have more than enough right to receive a small cut of the profit don't you think? Think about it, most companies take 50% of the income, and they don't do half of what is listed above. You should really have considered what was said in Geraint's post before trashing it.

-Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I think that if somebody; produced the graphics, compiled the PDF,advertised it, and marketed it. That they have more than enough right to receive a small cut of the profit don't you think? Think about it, most companies take 50% of the income, and they don't do half of what is listed above. You should really have considered what was said Geraint's post before trashing it.

-Alex

A graphic designer should have a set pay. Say they don't get paid alot because the design isn't great and they're ok with that, but what if they ask for 10% of the income, then if the product sells alot due to it's contents then why should the designer get a hefty profit? Graphic designers do the design, a company markets and advertises it. Oh and btw, hardly any graphic designers advertise or market the product, and if they did then they'd get more money.

May 31, 2008
A graphic designer should have a set pay. Say they don't get paid alot because the design isn't great and they're ok with that, but what if they ask for 10% of the income, then if the product sells alot due to it's contents then why should the designer get a hefty profit? Graphic designers do the design, a company markets and advertises it. Oh and btw, hardly any graphic designers advertise or market the product, and if they did then they'd get more money.

Exactly, my mom has been a professional graphic designer for a little over 15 years. She always has a set pay. She has never been paid by cuts of the profits.

I think that if somebody; produced the graphics, compiled the PDF,advertised it, and marketed it. That they have more than enough right to receive a small cut of the profit don't you think? Think about it, most companies take 50% of the income, and they don't do half of what is listed above. You should really have considered what was said in Geraint's post before trashing it.

-Alex

I did read the entire post. I am not lazy, however, I have researched and he is not a graphic designer, advertiser or a marketing strategy employee. He is an amateur, someone who is not a professional and someone who just engages with the work. However, this means that even the quotation asked should not proceed because having loyalties is not right even for a professional.

And you are wrong. Most companies do not take 50% of income in business, please tell me where you got this wrong information from. If you can tell me this, please do, especially in the economic climate we are in right now. One example: I couldn't see an artist designing a front cover of a book and expecting to have half of the sales for every book the author sells.

If you do not know how business contracting works for media sales, then why are you even bothering to try and debate with me?

I am interested in your reply to this, and you are more than welcome to message me in private.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
Yep,

I will be designing this for Nicholas.

Cheers,
Matt

Interesting, I'm doing the same... He sent me an email asking me to; I hadn't even seen this post until afterwards.

Sigh, seems like he's been pooling everyone for a design. How lame. Did he also tell you that you would be credited, etc?

Blink, want me to send you mine?

Interesting, I'm doing the same... He sent me an email asking me to; I hadn't even seen this post until afterwards.

Sigh, seems like he's been pooling everyone for a design. How lame. Did he also tell you that you would be credited, etc?

He is using the double technique. Where you order by more than one person and then use the first and best one. Then the people who have helped has actually wasted their time.

I have seen people do this with taxi firms, someone orders a taxi from two different taxi firms, and uses the first taxi that arrives. - May sound clever, but when you are blacklisted it can cause a lot of problems.

Ah interesting....

I wont be bothering though, I have enough work, and not enough time for time wasters. I would suggest you do the same.

Personally, I would delete any design you have done, just like I have done.

May 3, 2009
And you are wrong. Most companies do not take 50% of income in business, please tell me where you got this wrong information from. If you can tell me this, please do, especially in the economic climate we are in right now. One example: I couldn't see an artist designing a front cover of a book and expecting to have half of the sales for every book the author sells.

If you do not know how business contracting works for media sales, then why are you even bothering to try and debate with me?

I am interested in your reply to this, and you are more than welcome to message me in private.

Your attitude stinks Steven, you are arrogant, bombastic, and dismissive of the post this was a reply too.

You know nothing.
50% is the going rate.
Hell, i did the entire design for my product, and the research, and every magic shop it sells on, they take 50% profit.
So dont try to school someone on a subject you are not good at.

Get your facts straight before you start a childish argument on a thread were someone is clearly asking for help.

cheers for reading

Your attitude stinks Steven, you are arrogant, bombastic, and dismissive of the post this was a reply too.

You know nothing.
50% is the going rate.
Hell, i did the entire design for my product, and the research, and every magic shop it sells on, they take 50% profit.
So dont try to school someone on a subject you are not good at.

Get your facts straight before you start a childish argument on a thread were someone is clearly asking for help.

cheers for reading

Sorry that I came across arrogant. - I may sound it over the forums, but when you actually meet me I think you would think differently. I just feel that 50% is too much, which it is compared to the majority of rates which are out there at the moment.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results