Great Performance at School!

Mar 30, 2008
Hey guys. I thought I would share my amazing performance in school today.

I was in my science class when one of my friends said I did magic. Everyone wanted to see, so I casually got my deck out. People were surprised I had a deck in my pocket, so I told them it was a nervous habit, never going anywhere without a deck of cards.

I started with my best effect, a basic painter card. I decided to test my new control, but I hadn't perfected it yet, so the selection was third from the top while I thought it was on top. I casually did a double flip and then turned them back over. I put the top card on the table under the box and spread the deck. I asked them to point out their card. They eventually found it, and then I was worried. I put the card face down on the deck and did some very convincing false cuts. I turned the card on the table face up and asked if it was their card. As they said no, I commented, saying it was in disguise and did a shake change. They freaked out, and now I'm going to do magic every access period for the rest of the year.

I continued with my tricks for an hour or so, and it kept getting better and better. I would do a cool sandwich effect, and they would run out to the hall. Then that friend of mine was able to palm a card on the table when I was supposed to make it vanish. This literally made the rest of the class get close to cussing me out.

I am very happy with my performance. Now I will have a great reputation at my school. I just hope it lasts long enough for the talent show in the spring...

Sep 16, 2007
Georgia
Honestly I am sure it was a lot of fun and you seem to be very happy about how well it has gone, but don't let it get to your head.

Use your performances to make your routines better, and try not and do it just for a rep thing. Reputations are nice but they don't make you become a better magician. Just don't let your ego get too big, and know where your limits are.

Other than that, congratulations on your performance!!!

Apr 10, 2008
Oviedo, Fl
youtube.com
Thats really awesome man. I had my start the same way too. But definitely listen to the other guys. I performed at high school myself and perhaps you've seen the video here but ALWAYS keep them wanting more. And the best way to do that is to NOT perform sometimes. It really is simple advice, but if you take it to heart you will see that they will respect your talent much more seeing that you simply dont perform on-demand. That alone contributed to the great crowds I got at lunch. When someone asked me to perform, I told them "you gotta wait till this thursday(or whatever)" -pretty much establishing a mini "show". Now that you've established yourself, doing so builds anticipation which I belive brings out the best reactions in people. Think about it and good luck! Show your school your humble talent.

Peace

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results