Green Crowns

Jul 30, 2011
I wasn't able to purchase any of the blue or red crown decks but hopefully will be able to pick up a few of these. Were the first two good decks? or should i just pass on these?

im passing

they are using the same old design again .. i hate the color as well

Are you serious?! I love the green, I think it is very elegant and classy. Also, "they are using the same old design again..." Seriously?! What company isn't using the same old design again? *coughs Dan & Dave cough* I personally love the design of the Blue/Red/Green Crowns. Also, it is the last of that design apparently, or at least colored, I guess...(ooooh! Black Crowns maybe next?! :D ) Anyways, I think they look awesome, and I am definitely ordering a couple of bricks on *starts singing* Friday, Friday, gotta get down (to buy green crowns) on Friday, I'm looking forward to the (green ones! green ones!) We We We so excited! We so excited! Gonna buy a brick today!

*Official Green Crown release song, copyright 2011* :D

Jul 30, 2011
Are you serious?! I love the green, I think it is very elegant and classy. Also, "they are using the same old design again..." Seriously?! What company isn't using the same old design again? *coughs Dan & Dave cough* I personally love the design of the Blue/Red/Green Crowns. Also, it is the last of that design apparently, or at least colored, I guess...(ooooh! Black Crowns maybe next?! :D ) Anyways, I think they look awesome, and I am definitely ordering a couple of bricks on *starts singing* Friday, Friday, gotta get down (to buy green crowns) on Friday, I'm looking forward to the (green ones! green ones!) We We We so excited! We so excited! Gonna buy a brick today!

*Official Green Crown release song, copyright 2011* :D

... the song convinced me!! marketing at its finest! After the v6 release though i dont have much money for cards so ill probably just get 3-6 decks depending on how i feel.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
To actually answer your question gunshy, yes they are really nice cards to handle. Design and colour is all personal preference but they are quality cards.

Jul 30, 2011
To actually answer your question gunshy, yes they are really nice cards to handle. Design and colour is all personal preference but they are quality cards.

I've read some complaints about the box being a little cheap. are these exaggerated?

KevinReylek

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
NY
www.newyorkmagicproject.com
Hey guys. Thought I’d pop in here with a couple of comments.

The Green Crowns are my favorite so far of the series. In addition to the new color (which is awesome) there have also been some subtle design tweaks. The back design is 99% the same, but there are a couple of enhancements to really make things pop. If you hold a 1st-ed blue or red deck next to a green one, you’ll likely see the differences. Green is also the last color that will be sold. There will not be orange, yellow, purple, pink, fushia, polka dots, etc. Believe me, Alex has tons of awesome ideas for new designs. The Crown Deck is simply the “core” of the lineup.

As with the blue and red decks, the greens are printed on great stock with the magic finish. They handle incredibly well and are super long-lasting. I’ve been using the same deck since Magic Live, and it’s still going strong. Several people got their hands on the deck at Live, and the response was excellent across the board. As for the boxes being cheap, I’ve personally not heard that complaint. The boxes aren’t super-thick like some of the custom T11 decks, but they’re not any thinner or weaker than a standard USPCC box. Pretty much your standard tuck case in regards to type of paper, strength, etc. So, yes, I’d guess that any box complaints are exaggerated.

There are a ton of decks out there to choose from, ranging from subtle and elegant, to crazy blood and skulls. Not every deck is going to appeal to every person. You should certainly only buy the ones that you like. Personally, I think the Crown decks are quite nice, and they’re one of the few custom decks that I actually use as a regular performance deck. I keep a lot of the more “funky” decks for the collection, but would never perform with them. The Crown decks are designed to be used, not to collect dust. I think the back design offers a great blend of simplicity and detail, and I’m a sucker for Arrco faces.

Only a few days left until the launch!

Jul 30, 2011
i personally love the backs of the crown decks. I wish i would have known about the blue and red releases that way i wouldnt have to pay 15-20$ a deck

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I've read some complaints about the box being a little cheap. are these exaggerated?
I only have a deck of the first blue version, the box is fine. Do you really care about the box? The cards inside the box are some of the best in the current market.

Jul 30, 2011
I only have a deck of the first blue version, the box is fine. Do you really care about the box? The cards inside the box are some of the best in the current market.

ha your right, i dont really care about the box it was just a question really. Just trying to be an educated buyer is all

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
Kevin pretty much summed it up. One additional thing I want to say is that I've been using the same deck since May. I perform with them and always have them in my pocket. Being in the Florida humidity, you would think that these cards would be ruined within a week. For a standard deck of bikes, this is true, however my crowns still fan, spread, and spring like a perfectly broken in deck of cards.

Jul 30, 2011
dang!! i convinced myself earlier today that i wasn't going to get any, but now i am so on the fence i know if i dont get them ill feel stupid when i buy them for a higher price on ebay.

Jan 11, 2011
I absolutely HATE (yes you didn't see wrong. HATE) the Red Crowns. Gawd they were horrible. After a while it would just clump like cardboard. Not getting Greens.

SoClose25

Elite Member
Jul 19, 2011
I heard the same from my friend, after a while they started to clump and didn't want to fan... :/

KevinReylek

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
NY
www.newyorkmagicproject.com
It’s only natural that any deck of cards will eventually wear out, clump up, etc. They are only paper, after all. With repeated handling, bending, picking up oils from your hands, etc, the performance will diminish. Some decks are clumpy out of the box, some will handle poorly after a day of use, a week, etc. Every deck will eventually fall into the “unusable” category, it’s just a question of how long before it happens. I’ve used Crown decks for timeframes of up to a month without any clumping or handling issues. In my experience, it’s one of the longest-lasting decks out there.

Do you live in a humid climate, or have particularly moist/oily/sweaty hands? Those can be issues that cause cards to clump more quickly than usual.

Jan 11, 2011
It’s only natural that any deck of cards will eventually wear out, clump up, etc. They are only paper, after all. With repeated handling, bending, picking up oils from your hands, etc, the performance will diminish. Some decks are clumpy out of the box, some will handle poorly after a day of use, a week, etc. Every deck will eventually fall into the “unusable” category, it’s just a question of how long before it happens. I’ve used Crown decks for timeframes of up to a month without any clumping or handling issues. In my experience, it’s one of the longest-lasting decks out there.

Do you live in a humid climate, or have particularly moist/oily/sweaty hands? Those can be issues that cause cards to clump more quickly than usual.

Ah. I guess it must be the humid climate I live in (Asia.).

Jul 30, 2011
well dangit. i just got off work and they are already sold out. how fast did they sell out does anyone know? they were released at 8pmEST correct? so that would make this post about 45 minutes after release.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results