Gregory Wilson's Move?

Nov 17, 2007
Hey Guys,

I Was Watching Pyrotechnic Pasteboards For Old Times Sake and I Noticed a move that he does I believe it is in the 2nd routine on the dvd. The one where he goes "Back in time" anyway the move is the card is sticking out of the deck and he spins the card around twice while it's still in the deck.

anyone know where I can find out how to do this flourish? he doesn't explain it in the explanation.

thanks

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
If you saw the move you would realize it is a flourish. So I don't see why it shouldn't be in this forum.

Anyway, you can learn the move in one of the effects Greg teaches on his Double Take video. Although you may already know how to do a double lift, this video will teach you even more. It has some nice effects in there too.

If you want to learn just that move then I don't suggest getting the video. You can figure it out just by watching it. I have the video and I figured it out, and was doing it, before he taught it... It's a fairly simple move. Get the video if you want to improve you double lift though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Europe
He does teach it very briefly in Pyrotecnic Pasteboards. But very, very briefly. Trust me, I watch this DVD at least once a week... he teaches it.

And just for future reference, the routine is called "Flashback".

Sep 2, 2007
London
I believe this is the move that Dai Vernon and Dr Daley came up with in New York to confuse magicians who used to spy on them to steal their material and claim it as their own.

Doc Daley was sitting in a restaurant with Dai Vernon, knowing that his every move was being scrutinised from all around him. He very slowly and portentously stuck the card into the deck and gave it a spin, meeting with rapturous acclamation from Vernon. As they expected, within a week, every magician in New York was doing the move, with no application or motivation, simply because they thought it was the next big underground card move.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results