Guardians } fridge } no good!

Aug 31, 2007
Imagination Land
My friend just recieved his guardians and put them in the fridge so that they clumped down a bit, we then went to view distortion (he also bought ) and we were practicing for about 1 hr.... ok so ill get to the point == we completely forgot about the cards and when whe went to get them they were frosted in ice :D:D

.... Anyways it was fun to fan them when they were frozen but they just soked up when the ice melted ( he was lucky to only put 2 in the fridge )

PS. Frozen Guardians taste good :p

Sep 2, 2007
YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT IN THE BOX AND THEN WAIT BEFORE USING THEM WHEN YOU TAKE IT OUT...i bet there fine now.

not to put you down or anything, and I know you've learned from it.

but that was a REALLY dumb idea.

~Beans

You don't know what your talking anout I've done it countless times, Lots of people do it.

Sep 2, 2007
As I've said before, this really isn't all that great an idea, especially if you live in a humid environment. Sure, if your cards are curled due to heat, it might fix that, but as soon as you take your cards out, they'll start pulling moisture out of the air. That moisture decreases the life of your cards, and will probably cause them to warp again. I know because I tried this. I threw a deck of cards in the fridge with a Porper clip around it, and as soon as I took them out a layer of condensation started clinging to the clip. When I took the cards out, they worked great for a few minutes, but then they soaked up more moisture from the air and were warped again.

You're much better off leaving your cards on/in front of an air-conditioning vent for a few hours or overnight. That way there's not such a drastic temperature change when you remove them and they won't pull so much moisture out of the air.

Sep 1, 2007
YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT IN THE BOX AND THEN WAIT BEFORE USING THEM WHEN YOU TAKE IT OUT...i bet there fine now.

You don't know what your talking anout I've done it countless times, Lots of people do it.

no, see I've done it before, and I doubt you've done it countless times, I bet your not even over the age of 15. and I was referring to how someone doesn't see something like that coming.

I was also saying it in a joking matter so relax and don't throw a fit.

~Beans

Aug 31, 2007
If you're going to do this, I recommend putting the deck in a ziploc bag with a couple of those silica packets (you know, the ones that say "Do not Eat" that you've always wondered what they taste like... well, I have)

Sep 2, 2007
no, see I've done it before, and I doubt you've done it countless times, I bet your not even over the age of 15. and I was referring to how someone doesn't see something like that coming.

I was also saying it in a joking matter so relax and don't throw a fit.

~Beans

Oh I guess I didn't know using all caps mean your joking around Silly me,I guess its cause I'm not over the age of fifteen. ass

Sep 2, 2007
Now that they've been put in the fridge, you might want to try a microwave or a toaster. :D

Usually, a porper clip helps subside the clumping, or even some textbooks, especially those of Calculus.

Also, you could submit a ticket, if you're still having a problem:
http://www.theory11.com/support/

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
Oh I guess I didn't know using all caps mean your joking around Silly me,I guess its cause I'm not over the age of fifteen. ass

Dude, would you just chill? You picked a fight with a guy by telling him he didn't know what he was talking about, then when he commented on your maturity level you called him an ass. What gives? If you want people to respect you and not comment on your age/lack of maturity, you really need to think a little harder before you post and ask yourself the question, "What will people think of me when they read this?" If you make posts that are disrepectful and immature, people will gladly treat you as a disrespectful, immature person. You really need to tone yourself down, dude. You're not going to make any friends the way you've been treating other forum members.

As for the topic at hand. . . silica gel packets remove moisture from the air surrounding them. This isn't actually a bad idea as far as cards go, especially if you live in a humid climate. I might try that out actually.

Oh, and the reason they say not to eat them is twofold. One is they're toxic, or at least I think they are, and the other is that they suck moisture out of things, which sucks royally if you get them in your mouth. Chances are you won't be able to even swallow them due to cottonmouth. I knew a guy who got a bunch in his mouth one time (can't remember who, and don't ask me how. . . probably being stupid), and he said it instantly dried his entire mouth out to the point that he couldn't spit them out because his mouth was parched and the things were stuck to his tongue. He had to rinse his mouth out to fix the problem.

Oh, and the reason they say not to eat them is twofold. One is they're toxic, or at least I think they are, and the other is that they suck moisture out of things, which sucks royally if you get them in your mouth. Chances are you won't be able to even swallow them due to cottonmouth. I knew a guy who got a bunch in his mouth one time (can't remember who, and don't ask me how. . . probably being stupid), and he said it instantly dried his entire mouth out to the point that he couldn't spit them out because his mouth was parched and the things were stuck to his tongue. He had to rinse his mouth out to fix the problem.

Are you serious!? :O

on a side note, lets be mature, discuss the topic at hand and not put people down, especially by age...peace.

Sep 2, 2007
Are you serious!? :O

on a side note, lets be mature, discuss the topic at hand and not put people down, especially by age...peace.

Yeah, the sad thing is I THINK it was my AP history teacher, and I think he was trying to open the little packet with his teeth because he wanted to see what the little things in there looked like. Needless to say, he was successful.

And normally I'd agree about the age thing, but when you act like an immature little kid you get treated like one, and people assume you are one. That's all I'm saying.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results