GUM | Jeff Prace

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
"Real magic is being able to do incredible feats, without using fancy magician props, but normal, everyday objects." -Jeff Prace

...and 'GUM' definitely holds up to that claim.

'GUM', as the title suggests, is a DVD featuring four effects from the creative, young and talented mind, of Jeff Prace...using GUM:

Orbit: A pack of gum with only one piece left instantly turns into a full pack. You can then immediately hand out a piece of gum to a hungry spectator.

Re-Wrapped: A chewed piece of gum stretched between the magician's hands magically wraps itself into a brand new piece! Both hands are shown empty and the gum can immediately be given away as a sweet souvenir.

Insta-Wrap: Another handling of the chewed to wrapped gum effect. This handling is on STEROIDS!

Back in Time: The magician presents a time travel experiment, and in doing so wraps a chewed piece of gum and alters a photograph!

Now I am a fan of 'organic' magic and I ALWAYS carry chewing gum with me...now combine both you'll have 'GUM'!

Each effect is solid and practical material; being both clean and simple.

You've always heard the phrase, "packs small, but plays big", and GUM also lives up that. Each effect will leave your spectators dumbfounded, but don't take my word for it, see the performances for yourself!

Although there is a construction of 'gimmick' for each effect, it is minimal, but can be summarized in one word-BRILLIANT; it really shows that Jeff has put thought into each and every effect.

What I admired is the teaching process, it literally feels as if you're 1-on-1 with Jeff as he goes along with you to construct the 'gimmicks' and perform the effects. His teaching is excellent; offering added convincers, alt. handlings, tips, tricks and subtleties here and there.

Also included is Jeff Prace's, 'No More Card Tricks'-a short and sweet 'comical' routine, which will fool your socks right out of you! It's clean, fair, and smooth in appearance and handling and just darn right visual. You will need to 'donate' a deck to perform this effect, but IT'S WORTH IT!

A few 'Extras' are also included, from 'Bloopers', to 'Inspirations', 'Credits' and 'Trailers'.

In all, a fantastically produced DVD; easy to navigate, clean, and simple with wonderful, 'cute' effects.

All aboard the 'chew, chew' train! ;)

http://jeffpracemagic.com/

Jun 1, 2009
Looks solid, and everyone always asks for a piece of gum, so producing a full pack from one stick is perfect for everyday situations.
One thing though, I cant find a price on the website, do you have that information? Thanks

Your boy,
Fez

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Looks solid, and everyone always asks for a piece of gum, so producing a full pack from one stick is perfect for everyday situations.
One thing though, I cant find a price on the website, do you have that information? Thanks

Your boy,
Fez
They sell it on Penguin magic too. Check out the price there. Not sure if they're the same though...

Sep 7, 2008
Hey man, thanks for the review.

Gum is $19.95 on my site 'till the end of December. And there is free shipping in the US/Canada.

Best regards,
Jeff

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
For each effect? Practicality was my only concern with them. Sounds great!

Well, since there are a few 'gimmicks' for each one, you will have to bring an extra pack of gum with you, ONLY if you want to hand out a piece of gum, which you SHOULD.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results