Gyro Powerball?

Aug 6, 2008
I was thinking about getting the v power gyro power ball from Dan and Dave. I am learning cardistry and I am also a tennis player so I thought it would benefit me in both areas. I never owned one of these or heard anything about them. I even tried to look up some reviews but no luck. Does anybody here have any expirence with these? Debating whether I should get these or not..

Heres the link to powerball incase you wanted to check it out:

http://store.dananddave.com/dyna-flex-v-power-metal-gryo-powerball.html

Dec 11, 2010
California
I do not own a Gyro, but I have talked to some people that have. From what they have told me it works fine for a few months but after a while it begins to lose its power.

I would stick with a grip master. I use those myself (well not anymore since I lost mine) but they last alot longer also they strengthen the fingers as well.

Gyro = grip and forearm
grip master = fingers forearm, grip

there are also different tensions for the grip masters (which you can find at any music shop because it is used for people who play guitar) blue is the light tension, red is the medium (I owned this one) And I believe the green one is the heavy tension.

Jan 22, 2011
Chicago, IL
Siddarth~
I have both a gyro (DynaGrip Pro) and a Grip Master (light and heavy strengths). There are pros and cons to each.
The DyanGrip Pro (which is only $25 at their online store) is good. It works the forearm pretty well and the overall endurance of your grip. The only downside is that it is not really quiet. It doesn't make a lot of noise, by any means, but there is a mechanism spinning, so it isn't silent. I haven't noticed any change in how well it's worked or its power over the 4+ years that I've had it. So long as you know how to keep the forces spinning at a high rate, it works great. These are good if you want a strong grip that you can hold a long time.

The grip master (and other similar products, which is only $15 at REI) is alright. It definitely works out the individual finger strength. In my opinion, it doesn’t work the forearm very much or the endurance of your grip. On the plus side, these are relatively silent (well, except for the slight noise from the spring, but is minimal) and are inexpensive. These are good if you want to have a stronger grip or individually strong fingers.
Schism gave an accurate description of these, but I thought I’d throw in my 2 cents.

To reference your personal statements:
1) I think the gryo would help more for tennis, because of gripping the racket tightly for so long… though I don’t know if you’d need that, if your hands are never sore after playing.
2) I am also not sure you need to spend the $100+ dollars on the metal line with crazy Torque. But, again, I don’t know your hand strength.
3) Finally, to reiterate what Rich said, I’ve seen these at plenty of sporting goods stores at reasonable prices.

Hope this helps.
Jefe

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Don't purchase any of these things because you think it would help you with your cardistry. People have been practicing cardistry way before they've even found machines to help with their dexterity. I would just stick to practicing what you know instead of trying to find a short cut. You need more hours practicing is all.

As far as tennis goes. . . ?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results