Halloween Magic

Jun 10, 2012
:eek: we all know Halloween is coming up and i am going to perform some street magic.what are some tricks that i can perform.

Jul 25, 2012
Detroit, MI
Sean Field's has alot of "shock magic" it is really good for just flat out scaring people, saw and sick by him are two great effect's, also you can check out gypsy thread by dan sperry, really anything you can give a "spookie" injection too.

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
If you're looking for a great magic trick to perform for Halloween, the rising voodoo doll is perfect. Easy to carry around with no threads or magnets, a lot of audience participation and scary storyline as well.
WARNING!!! When you perform this effect, please DO NOT tense your fingers or hands whatsoever. Many people that I see performing this effect tense their hands too much which completely destroys the illusion. I believe that in terms of handling, I'm the best at the rising doll and can also make the doll rise up higher than anyone else without tensing my hands or fingers. So, please pm me if you have any trouble.
This is the video of me performing the rising doll at a christmas party: (second trick)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-5n0-BwK5k

The rising doll is easy to carry around, no set up, audience participation, fits the theme, and can be perform surrounded. How many effects do you know that fits this criteria?

Jun 17, 2012
Do a routine with tread, start of with gypsy thread, then tread by WH and after pulling it out do saw by sean fields :) its amazing if you can perform.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
You can try a gory version of Origami or Zig Zag Lady. That should turn some heads!

You've been around me, far too long. . .

Here's a splash of cold water on this subject . . . you should have been thinking about this MONTHS AGO.

If you want material for the Holidays (Christmas, etc. ) NOW is the time to get that material together so it is down pat with how it will be presented, patter, knowing your sight lines, etc. not December 1st.

Any form of seasonal magic should be planned well in advance -- 90-days out at minimum -- if you wish to deliver a solid performance vs. looking like a schmuck doing commercial tricks. Too, by actually having "an act" ready for each season ahead of time, you might actually be able to sell it to a client willing to pay you vs. hustling for tips on the street in freaking cold weather that's oft times wet this time of year. . . remember, a year ago Halloween the East Coast of the U.S. was hit with a horrific blizzard that left people in the dark for six weeks. Stuff like this happens so it's much nicer to have a paid gig set INSIDE vs. rolling the dice and working on the streets in the hope of making a few bucks.

You've been given some great tricks but not great magic. You can do a Center Tear routine that will scare the hell out of people if you wished or a card bit like Burgers' "Dracula & the Sorority Girls" if you prefer to be more whimsical (one of my favorite bits, btw). If you pick up a copy of the Larry Baukin Anthology you'll find dozens of awesome routines, INCLUDING several variation to the Gypsy Thread, which was mentioned previously. The problem is, you don't have sufficient time to become proficient at any of this material; it's not about "the trick" or even "the effect" but rather the affect you will have by way of the effect, on your audience. You MUST have the material routined with an appropriate story line in order to generate the "shock" or "fright" reaction you're probably envisioning.

Williams' jest about the Zig Zag or Origami brings us to the issue of Stage Work & Halloween. It's not just a matter of adding blood & gore. I know, I have built and traveled with several Macabre Illusion shows over the years and was the first to have blood gush when doing the Impalement. But it's not such features that make this sort of show, it's all the trimmings -- the THEATER that must be tied to them.

To sell my old gore shows I'd start the push in March & April. Not only does that put my name in front of talent buyers early, so they can plan, it also means I have a better shot on the budget allocations and being able to schedule a set path for my tours (lowering fuel costs while generating greater PR advantage, etc.) All of this is what goes into creating a seasonal program regardless the holiday or event being observed, you must plan well in advance and when you are trying to sell a show, you need to keep polite but constant contact with the buyer so they don't forget you -- Be Memorable in a Positive Way.

JP&

Jan 22, 2012
-an effect known as "feel a ghost tap"
-doc hilfords "dead or alive"
-andrew gerards "energy bill"

some strong spooky effects.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results