Has anyone ever shown magic to a non-magician idol/hero?

This past weekend I had the opportunity to see my favorite band live. Twice! They have been touring for a total of 23 years and have never come anywhere within driving distance of my hometown. Last weekend they played 2 nights at Macewan Hall in Calgary Alberta. I was absolutely ecstatic to see them as the guitar player is the biggest hero in my life. I paid 300 CDN Dollars for a VIP seating/Meet and Greet with the band. The meet and greet moved relatively fast so I never had a chance to do more than shake hands, ask a question or two and grab a few autographs.

After that though, I was too excited to stay sitting. I was awaiting my ride back to the hotel (My mom and her friend were coming to take us) so I went for a walk. I spotted a crowd around the tour bus and walked over to see the lead singer talking to a few people. I talked a bit with him and he went back on the bus. The Drummer and Keyboardist came out of the bus one at a time a little later. The band does a cartoon style joke about themselves as heros with supernatural powers and the keyboardist is known as the keyboard wizard among the fanbase. Who better to show magic to then the keyboard wizard?

I showed him Digital Dissolve (I had kept it in my pocket by accident. I didnt even have a deck of cards!) and he was so afraid to open his hand containing the silver coin afterwards that I had to actually take his hand and turn it over for him. He open his hand slowly to find the coins had switched and went into a rant about how he's never seen any wizard of any sort do anything that real! He used a few ...more descriptive....words (heh) than I can post here but he, as well as the entire crowd (of approx twenty) seemed very impressed.

All in all. It was the best weekend of my life!

Anyone else have a chance to share an effect or two with a hero?

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
I've performed for Bruce Willis, Hulk Hogan, Rascal Flatts, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Marilyn Manson, The Tampa Bay Buccaneers & Cheerleaders, Drew Barrymore and a couple of the Jackass guys.

The main person I loved performing for is Steve Irwin (RIP). You might have seen how excited he was when he did something.. just imagine that with magic. Wonderful

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
I've performed for Bruce Willis, Hulk Hogan, Rascal Flatts, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Marilyn Manson, The Tampa Bay Buccaneers & Cheerleaders, Drew Barrymore and a couple of the Jackass guys.

The main person I loved performing for is Steve Irwin (RIP). You might have seen how excited he was when he did something.. just imagine that with magic. Wonderful

Haha omg, I wanna perform for the jackass guys too, they are so cool! :)

Maybe I'll go out and search for some famous people here in town. ;)

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia

No way! That's awesome, dude.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
This past weekend I had the opportunity to see my favorite band live. Twice! They have been touring for a total of 23 years and have never come anywhere within driving distance of my hometown. Last weekend they played 2 nights at Macewan Hall in Calgary Alberta. I was absolutely ecstatic to see them as the guitar player is the biggest hero in my life. I paid 300 CDN Dollars for a VIP seating/Meet and Greet with the band. The meet and greet moved relatively fast so I never had a chance to do more than shake hands, ask a question or two and grab a few autographs.

After that though, I was too excited to stay sitting. I was awaiting my ride back to the hotel (My mom and her friend were coming to take us) so I went for a walk. I spotted a crowd around the tour bus and walked over to see the lead singer talking to a few people. I talked a bit with him and he went back on the bus. The Drummer and Keyboardist came out of the bus one at a time a little later. The band does a cartoon style joke about themselves as heros with supernatural powers and the keyboardist is known as the keyboard wizard among the fanbase. Who better to show magic to then the keyboard wizard?

I showed him Digital Dissolve (I had kept it in my pocket by accident. I didnt even have a deck of cards!) and he was so afraid to open his hand containing the silver coin afterwards that I had to actually take his hand and turn it over for him. He open his hand slowly to find the coins had switched and went into a rant about how he's never seen any wizard of any sort do anything that real! He used a few ...more descriptive....words (heh) than I can post here but he, as well as the entire crowd (of approx twenty) seemed very impressed.

All in all. It was the best weekend of my life!

Anyone else have a chance to share an effect or two with a hero?

which band was it?

Dude I've never performed for anyone famous. But I plan on it. I am currently waiting for RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS tickets to come on sale. I will pay for VIP seating and whatever. And If i get a chance I will show Anthony kiedis or Flea a trick or two.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results