Have an idea... might be stupid to some, but it's worth a shot.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Lol...

Like his persona or not, David Blaine is extremely good at what he does, and his doubles are amazing.

I think Cyril is fantastic...

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
Keep in mind that i really doubt blaine shows his 'goods' as far as tricks go on a lot of his specials- simple hits hard- that's what he goes by. But i'm assuming he knows some more complex/killer stuff.

Sep 17, 2007
It shouldn't matter how complex the trick is. it should be about how you present your trick and yourself. If you present confidence and professionalism then people will precive confidence and prfessionalism. If you really think you a shot then you can email me and I'll edit all the footage and burn you a dvd to send in but if only if you are serious about this.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
Ok, so i was really bored in history today and i started thinking, david blaine can get on tv, and there are so many more people with so much more skill so why shouldnt they have a chance to have a little show for themselves? Ill take a gues and say most of you are as good if not better than blaine. So, my idea is, why dont we all take some footage of out best material and combine it and send it somewhere to possibly be aired? Im sure all of you have thought of this before. We can take the best of the best videos and combine them into one and make a little producion. Anyone else think its worth a shot? Many of you might think its stupid,but whatever, people are entitiled to their opinions

right now..i am trying to put together a group of magic videos for a school thing..i created a thread...check it out!

-BRad

It shouldn't matter how complex the trick is. it should be about how you present your trick and yourself. If you present confidence and professionalism then people will precive confidence and prfessionalism. If you really think you a shot then you can email me and I'll edit all the footage and burn you a dvd to send in but if only if you are serious about this.

Im 100% seriouse about this, The only thing thats hard though is getting footage. There arent alot of people where i live=[

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
Alright miss literal- SORRY FOR THE WORDING ABOUT COMPLEX. jesus, one thing i can't stand on magic forums is everyones stupid thought that if they 'sound proper and so for the magic community in forums i'll eventually get special treatment' It gets REAL old when the 'proper' police come out on every thread in a forum.

I personally don't CARE what you think about complexity of tricks and whatnot. The fact of the matter is i think you know what i was talking about, but for the sake of trying to look good you argued it.

I GUARENTEE David Blaine has BETTER TRICKS then say.. 2 card monte, he just wont make them public on TV. Was that clear enough for you?

Alright miss literal- SORRY FOR THE WORDING ABOUT COMPLEX. jesus, one thing i can't stand on magic forums is everyones stupid thought that if they 'sound proper and so for the magic community in forums i'll eventually get special treatment' It gets REAL old when the 'proper' police come out on every thread in a forum.

I personally don't CARE what you think about complexity of tricks and whatnot. The fact of the matter is i think you know what i was talking about, but for the sake of trying to look good you argued it.

I GUARENTEE David Blaine has BETTER TRICKS then say.. 2 card monte, he just wont make them public on TV. Was that clear enough for you?

Calm your ass down lol. If he had better tricks why not show them? You dont see Copperfield or any other magician showing their basic stuff. Copperfield doesnt stand up on stage and do card trick, he does his good stuff. Im sure you dont do simple things either. If yo do, you need help. What im getting at is, if he had better things, he would have showed them. And most is beginner/intermediate stuff. Duble lifts, card through window, ash on arm, some passes, etc. I know if i was goin on tv id be busting my ass and doing the most amazing things i can do.

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
Why show them when you can captivate an audience and nation with the easy stuff in the beginning, and then slowly move to the more elaborate effects? Hence- magic man (1st) was all 'easy' stuff, 2CM, 'here then there', etc. The specials following it began to have more and more elaborate and intense effects.

It's all marketing.

And you do the 'most amazing things you can do' to the people that would put you on TV, after that it's managing the 'most amazing thigns youc an do' so you dont blow your wad in 1 show.

Oct 25, 2007
Mr. Blaine's show was so sensational because of the reactions he received. In his book Mysterious Stranger, David reflects on this revelation. Many of the camera shots of the tricks focused on the faces of the spectators.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results