Have You Seen These Sleights Elsewhere?

Sep 26, 2011
Hi all!

So I created some sleights/tricks independently :) However, I'm pretty disconnected from the magic community and don't really know what's out there, so I'm not certain these are properly original. Would you kindly take a look at this video and tell me if you have seen this material before? If so, where? I'd really appreciate it :)

Feb 1, 2017
A lot of these are just combinations of sleights that I already know about. The combination of the sleights might be unique, but not the individual parts. I don't know if that helps.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
As @ChrisJGJ said, the sleights are standard but the combination is unique. I don't like the rotation out of the middle of the deck or some of the movements above the deck. They dont look natural (which draws attention to them), they provde too much cover (the spectator doesn't see what is actually happening creating suspicion that you are doing "something") and are done too quickly (which further draws attention and suspicion). These give the impression that you have quick hands and are good with cards, but don't seem magical to me.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
That really reminds me of a Dan & Dave trick, but I'm not familiar enough with their work to be able to tell you what it's called. One of their Portal versions probably.

To me it seems obvious what's happening due to the position of your right hand's fingers, but that's also probably influenced by the fact that all we've got to look at here is the cards. There's no misdirection through interaction with you.

Feb 1, 2017
That really reminds me of a Dan & Dave trick, but I'm not familiar enough with their work to be able to tell you what it's called. One of their Portal versions probably.

Yeah. Slightly different handling on Dan & Dave's Swiss Made, TiVo and TiVo 2 Transpo.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results