Help me out with my stage show...?

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys, yes, it's my first stage show

gotta fill a half hour, but all I need to do now, is to get your opinion on a couple things

1. I need a good stage mentalism trick, pitch me some ideas, I looked at Universal Impression a bit, but anything else would be much appreciated

2. Dancing cane, best types, which dvd to start on?

Thanks in advance guys

~Beans

Jun 2, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I just recently performed a stage show that ended up getting a standing ovation! I cannot give you any advice on a dancing cane but as for a great mentalist effect I performed Sylla-Code by Dee Christopher in his 23:23 notes. Its a great effect in which two spectators are chosen, and one divines the others spectators thoughts. Its simple presentation and is foolproof if done correctly. Another great effect that brought down the house is Andrew Maynes version of the appearing bowling ball that I learned in the November(?) issue of Magic Magazine. As for a closer I performed Wayne Houchins Thread.

Shoutout to Dee for creating sylla code. It could sell on its own!

Oct 11, 2007
definitely get 3510 by Luke Jermay and check out Touching On Hoy as well as all of the other absolutely stunning effects he has in there. As for the dancing cane, i got nothin

Aug 13, 2009
Do you own 13 Steps to Mentalism? There are some pretty great effects in there if you have it. And if you don't have it, what do you have? And what type of effect do you want? Prediction, reading there mind, what do you plan to do?

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Hey guys, yes, it's my first stage show

gotta fill a half hour, but all I need to do now, is to get your opinion on a couple things

1. I need a good stage mentalism trick, pitch me some ideas, I looked at Universal Impression a bit, but anything else would be much appreciated

2. Dancing cane, best types, which dvd to start on?

Thanks in advance guys

~Beans
Yo,

Well since you were kind of looking for a more time consuming routine, I've always loved the prediction effects where you ask the spectators questions and there is a prediction in full-ish view.

Try taking a look at Paul Romhany's Dream Prediction. The LITE version is a bit more expensive yes but looks like more of an investment. You are getting more than one spectator in on it than just the one spectator you would be involving with Universal Impression

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjAl6ohPBUw

Sep 1, 2007
hey guys, thanks for so many replies, I really really appreciate it. Thank you.

I don't really know what I'm aiming for, something more serious as I come out as a more mysterious character in the second half of my act. Yet I'm still open to any and all ideas. No I don't own 13 steps to mentalism, I know I should though (shameful).

I have 3510, I'll check that effect out.

Thank you again guys, any more suggestions will be taken into immediate consideration

~Beans

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results