Help on effects

Jan 11, 2011
Hi guys.

WUZZUP.

I will be performing at this carnival pretty soon, and I guess that a autograph trick would be cool as I can give a card(s) away as souvenirs.

If you guys have good (preferably impromptu) autograph routines/tricks, please do post a reply and help me out.

Every help counts.

Thanks!

Josea

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
I don't get you here....

And TheatreHead, I find that a bit too cliched. Any other opinions? Thanks though

I don't think effects being "cliched" is a problem, unless you suspect that your clients have witnessed a magician before. In that case, just make sure your ACR/Card Under Glass isn't a carbon copy of anyone else's, and you should be fine.

You could also consider the Anniversary Waltz, and the Torn and Restored Signed Card, to name two more.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
ACR is only cliche if you are performing for jaded magicians. For laymen, rock it out. Yes as a magician YOU may have seen tons and tons of ACRs but for the majority of people you perform for there is a great chance they will have never even experienced close up magic at all.

I'd almost say to consider it a challenge. If you can't fry laymen with an ACR then you have some work to do.

Also, ever used a force that failed? Pull out a sharpie, tell them to sign the card and go into your ACR. No one will know anything went wrong.

At any rate, as long as you don't use a duplicate you can do pretty much any card effect with a signature added. Something I've always been a fan of is Daniel Madison's Lapse. Two signed cards switching places, multiple climaxes. Look it up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results