Help please

Sep 1, 2007
Hi guys, I started magic and cardistry about 2 years ago for about 3 months and quit but recently given the opportunity to film a 5-7 minute video for my english major work (i get all year) i decided to pick it up again. I'd just like some ideas on what kind of flourishes and basic tricks i could do. colour changes? What i can currently do is fan, giant fan, carnahan, flipback fan, springs, reverse springs, spreads and a few cuts. the video would be about a gambler, so flourishes more than tricks id say... id just like a few cool looking flourishes and maybe card vanishes and appearances and colourchages to learn. It would be great if you guys could name the flourish etc and where it is from. Thank you all for your time.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Just get a vid of Dan and Dave and say you filmed them yourself...hehe.

High quality and all-don't forget to mention they're your brothers and you're actually better than they are. ;)

jokes aside.

Anything that is visual plays well in a video.
Since it's about a gambler, maybe have a 4 ace production.

Also try some table work, where most gambling takes place, DnD's blackjack (everything else dvd of trilogy) is a good, visual gambling-themed demo. Also watch Ricky Jay, he's pretty damn sexy at a table-it's not flourishing, but it's definitely not boring.

If you do some simple coin work-substitute poker chips for coins, some changes or vanishes.

Hope that helps.

-Rik

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 13, 2008
I would say to learn a few 4-ace productions, or make some yourself. They're not that hard; I've created 3 myself. Fans are good (especially Carnahan! Winner right there!), and cuts are good to throw in if they're pretty basic. The Jones Change is a good video change, but it's a bit tricky (don't worry about getting The Trilogy, D&D posted a tutorial somewhere on youtube). Just about any change is a good video one.

Sun|Sky

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results