Help please?

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Hey guys, the rubberband in my Flipper coin broke (it's a Tango), and I'm not sure how to replace the rubberband. The instructions say to put alcohol in the coin, and unstick the stuck parts. I tried it but the stuck part doesn't seem to budge one bit. Any help?

Cheers

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Hey guys, the rubberband in my Flipper coin broke (it's a Tango), and I'm not sure how to replace the rubberband. The instructions say to put alcohol in the coin, and unstick the stuck parts. I tried it but the stuck part doesn't seem to budge one bit. Any help?

Cheers

Try using a flat object (edge of a metal ruler, very small thin screw driver) and gently prying up on the stuck part. If you can't do that gently, try using acetone (nail polish remover). I suspect the stuck parts are glued. When you are putting it back together, use double sided tape.

Also, I sent you a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Try using a flat object (edge of a metal ruler, very small thin screw driver) and gently prying up on the stuck part. If you can't do that gently, try using acetone (nail polish remover). I suspect the stuck parts are glued. When you are putting it back together, use double sided tape.

Also, I sent you a PM.
Thanks, I tried to pry it out gently with a slender blade, but that didn't make it budge either. I'll try nail polish remover.

Double stick tape? Really? The instructions said to use contact cement. Would that be bad?

Cheers

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The Feb. 2010 episode/edition of Reel Magic Magazine has a section with Roy Keuppers talking about how to fix this exact issue.

So if RealityOne's advice isn't enough, my only suggestion is to get that DVD :)

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
The Feb. 2010 episode/edition of Reel Magic Magazine has a section with Roy Keuppers talking about how to fix this exact issue.

So if RealityOne's advice isn't enough, my only suggestion is to get that DVD :)

Thanks Christopher, but I got it off with the nail polish remover.

So do you think double stick tape is a good choice? Will it hold? The instructions said contact cement, but will that be too strong, and the piece won't come off again?

Thanks a ton guys.:)

Cheers

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I believe Keuppers also recommended double sided tape. There's two kinds of DS tape. One is 'permanent' one is 'repositionable'. I believe the permanent is what you're looking for here.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
So do you think double stick tape is a good choice? Will it hold? The instructions said contact cement, but will that be too strong, and the piece won't come off again?

I did a quick internet search for the tape that Roy Keuppers recommends, but couldn't find anything that looks like it (clear tape with a white backing on one side). I don't know if the normal "yellow dispenser" Scotch Permanent Tape would work.

The contact cement would work, but you would have the same problem when you have to replace the bands again. The good news is that you now know the secret to getting it off.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
I did a quick internet search for the tape that Roy Keuppers recommends, but couldn't find anything that looks like it (clear tape with a white backing on one side). I don't know if the normal "yellow dispenser" Scotch Permanent Tape would work.

The contact cement would work, but you would have the same problem when you have to replace the bands again. The good news is that you now know the secret to getting it off.

Thanks man! So contact cement would come off again? I thought maybe it was permanent. I'll see what the regular Scotch Permanent tape will do.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results