Help with magic stores

ok so ive just watched W:H great illusion video i think.

i noticed there in a magic store.

im from the UK, Birmingham and does anyone know where there are stores around there or in the UK in general that are like that. i found a shop that sold a few cheap tricks and gaff decks but nothing good. and its also now closed down.

so if any of you UK magicians know of any stores where you can go in a feel and touch the products please let me know as im bored of doing all this online stuff XD

thanks all,
shmore

http://www.magicweek.co.uk/

You need a good browse there, plus visit it often, it has news from magic on TV, about magicians, conventions, selling magic, buying magic, reviews, you seriously need to visit :)

There are conventions everywhere, normally once a year at a town/city, there is a Top Secret Magic Day in Milton Keynes (where I live) once a year, which is a huge event to see top magicians, and learn and lots more.

I really recommend you to join a local magic club, there is sure to be one in Birmingham, the fees are quite cheap normally, and you can chat to other magicians and find out what is happening locally, and also learn from the older ones, and the newer members of the club.

Best place to start is a magic club, I was part of the Northampton magic club, and won the younger members trophies a few times, for stage and close up magic. It really built my confidence.

Once you feel confident in performing, and you think you know your stuff. If you are under 18, then I suggest you join the Young Magicians Club, at the Magic Circle in London. It is right next to Euston station.

I was a finalist of the young magician of the year at the magic circle in 2003, I am currently at University so I have been away from all the magic clubs. But I am now 20 years of age, I am in Equity, and I am studying, Drama, Performance and Theatre Arts (BA (Hons)), which is amazing.

I hope some of this information helps you, if you got any questions, just ask!

:)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results