Help with the ACR

Aug 14, 2010
Hello people! I need your help. My ambitious card is incomplete. I only have 2 phases. What is a good final phase besides the pop up move? I was thinking of buying the Hawk 2.0 but I read many bad reviews. Thanks!

Aug 14, 2010
Oh yeah Pixel is great! But I think if I were to perform that simple effect, it's so strong that it must be a stand alone effect. Same with Static. Just my opinion. Thanks you gave me a good idea.

Dec 26, 2009
Oh yeah Pixel is great! But I think if I were to perform that simple effect, it's so strong that it must be a stand alone effect. Same with Static. Just my opinion. Thanks you gave me a good idea.

Personally, I believe they are both great creations but not stand alone effects. They CAN BE so don't take what I am saying the wrong way. I believe they can kill if performed in the right situation, especially Pixel. I don't know about anyone else but I don't like the single trick way of performing. Not talking trash, but I would also call this the "David Blaine TV special" way of performing. The magician walks up and says something along the lines of, "Can I show you something?" The magician then performs one trick and after 30 - 45 seconds performing its over. That's kind of how I feel when people say things are "standalone". Yes, you CAN perform the effect as a "standalone" effect, but why? Pixel literally takes 15 - 20 seconds to setup and perform so why would you draw it out to be a stand alone effect?

If you are the type of magician that believes the ACR should be nothing but the card rising back to the top of the deck then Pixel is the PERFECT closer to an ACR. There is nothing more perfect than a deck rubber banded together and set in a specs hand and their card jumping to the top of the deck, above the rubber band.

Just my opinion.

Aug 14, 2010
What you said about what you feel about standalone is exactly what I want. I believe that if you perform a short strong effect like Pixel, Static, Invisible Deck, etc then just walk away, It's very shocking to your spectators. I think I'll take Pixel as a consideration of ending an ACR. I'll work on it. Thanks!

Dec 26, 2009
What you said about what you feel about standalone is exactly what I want. I believe that if you perform a short strong effect like Pixel, Static, Invisible Deck, etc then just walk away, It's very shocking to your spectators. I think I'll take Pixel as a consideration of ending an ACR. I'll work on it. Thanks!

I understand completely. I guess it's just difference in performing style. I have said in other posts that I am working on my restaurant routine so that is the big difference. In a restaurant you have 5-10 minutes to entertain with 3 or four different effects. Where you, performing for people at random, are only wanting to fill about a minute or less worth of time with one effect. I can see where you are coming from it just isn't my style.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results