Hershey Magic...

Apr 26, 2008
I just wanted to give you all a heads up...

The Hershey Magic Store in the Colonial Park Mall (Harrisburg PA) is closing in the end of May :eek:...If you live in the Harrisburg area and you really need to get over to the shop and buy SOMETHING...And no I don't work there ;) i just really love Brick and Mortar magic shops...ohh yeah and a bunch of their stuff is 50% off..

Another pro of going to an actually shop vs shopping online is that if you go to a magic shop they can tell you straight up if a product sucks or if it's great...I mean you just have to trust demo videos when shopping online...

Anyway i just want to let you guys know that the more we shop online the more these "real magic shops" suffer, especially during these tough economic times..

Thnx 4 Listening

D

Deleted member 2755

Its a shame that tons of businesses are going out of business because of the economic struggle. If you live near a magic shop, you should support them.

-Doug

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Yeah, that's true. If I ever get around to getting TA, I'll get it from Taylors, even thought it's $500 AU ;)

if you buty it off the net now its $473 but yer i love going to the magic shops and acually talking with the owner showing each other trick consulting each other getting opinions about tricks.

Mar 16, 2009
Hershey Magic closing in May 2009.

Hey this is Keith from Hershey Magic. Thanks for helping spread the word. If any of you are SAM members, there was a great article on the last page of the March 2009 issue of MUM about brick and mortar stores vs. online buying. The article is by Rod Danilewicz.

We're closing because the online magic shops have officially killed my "hope" for running the shop.... they sell stuff at a couple dollars over wholesale and we just can't compete with that. I have over 30K worth of wholesale items stocked on my shelves, pay rent, heat, electricity, etc. for the shop. Online shops (with a few exceptions) don't stock any inventory. When you go online to buy something, they are ordering it at that time. They have no money invested in running their business.

Thanks to everyone who supports real magic shops. Please stop in to save up to 50% off all magic items from now until May 2009.

I will be a dealer at the Nashville, TN IBM convention June 30th - July 4th if anyone is planning on going. Stop in the dealer room and say hi!

Thanks,
Keith Hanshaw
Hershey Magic
57d Colonial Park Mall
Harrisburg, PA 17109

hersheymagic.com

I just wanted to give you all a heads up...

The Hershey Magic Store in the Colonial Park Mall (Harrisburg PA) is closing in the end of May :eek:...If you live in the Harrisburg area and you really need to get over to the shop and buy SOMETHING...And no I don't work there ;) i just really love Brick and Mortar magic shops...ohh yeah and a bunch of their stuff is 50% off..

Another pro of going to an actually shop vs shopping online is that if you go to a magic shop they can tell you straight up if a product sucks or if it's great...I mean you just have to trust demo videos when shopping online...

Anyway i just want to let you guys know that the more we shop online the more these "real magic shops" suffer, especially during these tough economic times..

Thnx 4 Listening

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results