hiatus help.

Jan 11, 2011
hello guys.

ok.

currently, I am just having troubles getting interested in magic. nothing just excites me anymore. I am just really scared that I'm going to give up magic soon enough.

any of you here have any suggestions on what I can do to resolve my problem?

I do not want to put my 7 years of hard work and practice into waste.

Thank you for reading this and do help me.

thanks again.

~josea.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
The same thing has been happening with me lately. This may be happening because you are overwhelming yourself with magic to the point where you have taken way too much, and you get sick of it. A piece of advice I would like to give to you that is helping me is to take a short break from buying the newest release or learning new material. I think that might be the cause of your "burn out". Take a breather and relax; think about why you do magic and what gets you excited about it the most. Explore that result and experiment. If performing for complete strangers and seeing their reactions gets you excited about magic the most, do more performing. Discover new performance techniques, take an acting class. Try new things to expand your knowledge and increase your interest. For me, I like performing rarely but in the right situations, to introduce magic to allow everyone to relax and take a break from the world. Discover what you like most about magic, and focus on that. Hopefully this helps!

Jan 11, 2011
The same thing has been happening with me lately. This may be happening because you are overwhelming yourself with magic to the point where you have taken way too much, and you get sick of it. A piece of advice I would like to give to you that is helping me is to take a short break from buying the newest release or learning new material. I think that might be the cause of your "burn out". Take a breather and relax; think about why you do magic and what gets you excited about it the most. Explore that result and experiment. If performing for complete strangers and seeing their reactions gets you excited about magic the most, do more performing. Discover new performance techniques, take an acting class. Try new things to expand your knowledge and increase your interest. For me, I like performing rarely but in the right situations, to introduce magic to allow everyone to relax and take a break from the world. Discover what you like most about magic, and focus on that. Hopefully this helps!

thank you.

i've been thinking on stopping magic for a while and focus on flourishing.

and yes you're right. i think the cause of my burnout is due to the fact i'm buying too much products.

thanks again casey.

~josea.

Apr 20, 2010
Ignore magic for a bit and practice gambling moves. I did this and my magic improved dramatically after I understood basic mechanics with cards.

Sep 11, 2011
If you don't wanna practice magic anymore quit.......do what 75% of the members on this site will do in the next 10 years not that there's something wrong with that, continue your journey on discovering what you wanna do in this very short life.......I'm not trying to be nasty i just know that so many kids who have a natural interest in magic seem to lose that love for the art and replace it with many other things....If you do quit practicing and performing don't look at it like a negative look at it as a stepping stone toward what you truly want. On the other hand continue practicing, and your love for this art will grow.....This reality is filled with options who's to say being a Doctor is any different then being a magician. hahaha were all magicians! I'm sure your time as a magician will help you become who your going to be in the long run.

I am technically Insane and my advice may not make any sense. I'd like to think I helped.........

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results