Hockey Based Performance Ideas

Sep 3, 2007
Hey everyone, Ive been asked by my school to do another magic performance, this time with somthing to do with hockey.
I know many of you will think this is lame, But here in Canada, BC Hockey is HUGE, so any and all Ideas are welcome.

Ive been going for more of a mentalist style here, and one thought I had was to get someone to come up, get them to write down a hockey team, anyone they want, and then pick a phone number from the phone book, I call them and the first team that pop's into there head is the same team as the one written down.

Any more ideas would be wicked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, Ive been asked by my school to do another magic performance, this time with somthing to do with hockey.
I know many of you will think this is lame, as do I. But here in Canada, BC Hockey is HUGE, so any and all Ideas are welcome.

Ive been going for more of a mentalist style here, and one thought I had was to get someone to come up, get them to write down a hockey team, anyone they want, and then pick a phone number from the phone book, I call them and the first team that pop's into there head is the same team as the one written down.

Any more ideas would be wicked!
What you had in mind can be achieved with Cellular Mitosis by Docc Hillford which I review here:

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=1759

Also, you might want to think about predicting the outcome of a hockey game. I did that for a few games here in Montreal and the response was overwhelming.

Mitchell

Sep 2, 2007
My ideas aren't necessarily mentalism based, but then again I'm no mentalist, so, yeah...

Puck matrix
Broom levitation, except with hockey stick (you know, the one where the assistant has a broom under one arm, I've no idea how it works)
Metamorphosis illusion, where the costume switch involved is hockey jerseys.
Even a simple circle-tear trick where you ask the spectator to think of his favorite hockey team. You could apply this to voodoo ash, stigmata, etc.

Sep 2, 2007
There are a plethora of mentalist based effects that you can perform on hockey.

A trick that you could perform is having a spectator pick a player. If you have Stigmata, you can have his name, his team or its trademark, his number, his captaincy, his position, his place of birth, the college he attended, his first grade teacher, et al. engraved onto your arm.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 3, 2007
hey guys! thanks for the super quick responses!

Re: mitch, how do you suppose I go about predicting the outcome of a game?!
If Im wrong, my rep, down the drain. That fast! :p

Stigmata sounds good, I'm pretty sure I don't wanna stooge it though.

hey guys! thanks for the super quick responses!

Re: mitch, how do you suppose I go about predicting the outcome of a game?!
If Im wrong, my rep, down the drain. That fast! :p

Stigmata sounds good, I'm pretty sure I don't wanna stooge it though.
There are many methods of prediction various outcomes of different things. I would REALLY recommend the Glass Box Prediction which is what I use when predicting. I also own Perfected Prediction by Kenton Knepper which is a very good prediction inside of an envelope.

Glass Box Prediction:

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=7784

Perfected Prediction:

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/perfected-prediction-by-kenton-knepper-p-1821.html

Keep in mind a good prediction takes months of performance practice to get down perfectly and to make it seem as real as possible.

Mitchell

Sep 4, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
This might sound a little "out there", but maybe do a bullet catch with a hockey puck, or you could make a puck levitate, or have a prediction slightly carved in the ice.

OK I got the best trick here and its realistic easy and to the point. During the game when you leave on rotation get a puck that says winner on it. Put it in your glove then get back out on the ice. Get one of your team mates to pop the puck up and grab the puck in the air and throw the other puck down quickly (make sure its a regulation puck). Then take it in hat trick it and score talk smack and tell the goalie to read the puck. And Wham that would be funny. Hope you don't get in trouble for it. 3 min penalty. haha

GO STARS!!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results