Homecoming Magic!

Jan 22, 2012
Hey guys!

So I'm in high school and it seems so apparent to me that people are asking out girls to homecoming in big ways like having big signs, or baking a cake for homecoming and it got me thinking, how am I going to ask a girl to homecoming! Well I wanted to do something that relates to me and not do anything already done like big signs, but then I thought how about do a magic trick! So what I originally came up with was doing a variation of invisible reverse by Chris Kenner and then the four cards are blanks cards that say "Wanna go to homecoming?" but then it became this big thing where I use dresscode and then the shirt changes into a shirt that says "Homecoming?" I just wanted to tell you guys about an interesting way to use magic to your advantage.

Jul 8, 2012
Dude, you know what's cool? I was thinking along the same lines for prom. I was thinking show them a blank piece of paper and then somehow make it ask "Prom?" on it, but the dresscode thing was spot on to what i was thinking! Independent invention is so cool

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
You can personalize things another way as well. . . if you know a certain girl (your target) carries certain items with her constantly, figure a way of incorporating them into the routine. By personalizing it, you create a psychological connection she can't break; every time she see's that item she has to think of you and guilt is a wonderful tool to use. . .

There are numerous Cell Phone routines out there these days, maybe you could modify one so that your message or even an image (gotta love photo shop) appears as part of a revelation.

There's a golden oldie that I've used for getting gigs and as part of a Halloween season promotion known as "Mail Mentalism" by Eddie Joseph. This is a spelling effect but you're nowhere near when things happen, hence the name; the person that gets the letter does all the work, using their own deck of cards. In this case you use her name and the word "Home Coming" as the two keys for unlocking the revelation stating that if your dream is true and she found her card, it is a sign that you and she would have a great deal of fun at Home Coming together (feel free to touch base when it comes to how to structure such a letter). You could send this via eMail or Snail Mail or, if it were me, at the end of doing some other bits and then you hand her a "special bit of magic just for you" . . . a card with the routine. Her own curiosity will get her to walk through the process but the context of the letter will personalize it, giving her a keep sake and thus, a way to remember you time and again, as she walks through the instructions outlined therein.

Best of luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results