How Did You Find Theory11?

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Well, I first started by looking up magic on YouTube. Then I found Jason Soll and his flourishing Tutorials. And then I looked up flourishing and found Kevin Ho and his "Portable Playground". Watched the Virts for a while and decided to look at the other guys in the video; Dan and Dave. I found them, and then the Trilogy and afterwards joined their forums. And then I got more into magic and cardistry and heard about the contests and products here. Then came to check it out and I was hooked.

My story is pretty boring really.

Boring? Hardly. It is your story, and nobody else can say that it is theirs. That is what makes a community like this so amazing.

As a thank you for kicking off this thread in the right direction (and because I am super amazing cool) I'll be sending you a little something out of my personal stash. Check your PM's. :)

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Man Casey, I was in that contest, running full bore too. I got stuck on the "Yellow" clue and it took me a couple of days to see what you just happened to stumble on. That was an fun contest. Frustrating as sin, maddening even, but incredibly fun.

L

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Boring? Hardly. It is your story, and nobody else can say that it is theirs. That is what makes a community like this so amazing.

As a thank you for kicking off this thread in the right direction (and because I am super amazing cool) I'll be sending you a little something out of my personal stash. Check your PM's. :)

Thanks a ton Lyle! Will be sure to look at that PM and respond. Thanks again!

I was a fan of Daniel Madison's work and came across Theory11 through the Guardians trailer posted on his YouTube channel. However, it took me almost a year from then to join the forums and I've only recently started to actively post three years later (although I did take a year's break from magic within that time frame).

It's really interesting to hear the different paths people took to find this site, keep them coming.

Jul 17, 2011
I was over at PenguinMagic before Theory11 came into existence. Penguin became very obsessed and interested in figuring out all the clues and secrets of what Theory11 actually was (if you remember before Theory11 there were tons of clues and secrets that you had to figure out). So, eventually, Theory11 opened, and I checked it out.

It wasn't until recently, however, that I became a member of the forums, and actually decided to odder something from here. (This is somewhat due to a 2-3 year break I took from magic.)

Jan 10, 2009
University Park PA
I was a fan of Wayne Houchin and was checking up on his website, as well as seeing all the stuff on Penguin Magic as to the launch of Theory 11, and I got intrigued and came over here to check out all the hype. And it was totally worth it.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Some channels I am subscribed to on youtube kept entering these... "SNC"s... I was trying to figure out what exactly it was. Came here
and thats it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results