How it's made - Playing Cards

Jun 10, 2010
How Playing Cards are made (YouTube HD)

A friend showed me this video. I'm sure many of you will find it quite interesting, if you didn't already know it.

EDIT:
As a side note, please tell me you do a better one-handed fan than the guy does after the part involving the cellophane wrapping the deck...

Last edited by a moderator:
May 31, 2008
As a side note, please tell me you do a better one-handed fan than the guy does after the part involving the cellophane wrapping the deck...

...I do a better one-handed fan than the guy does after the part involving the cellophane wrapping the deck.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Very interesting. I very much enjoyed it however someone should tell the U.S. Playing Card Co. that their combie cutter thing isn't working so well. I got a deck of cards where the 7 and 8 of spades were totally cut wrong. The 8 was practically cut in half, it was turning into a stripper deck. I was all :mad: GRRR. . . . .
Cards are being cut terribly nowadays. Great video though, now I know how they're made. :D

PS: Hell yeah I do a better one handed fan, that one handed fan was the equivalent of him just flipping all of us off.

Jul 10, 2010
McAllen, TX
www.wix.com
Very interesting. I very much enjoyed it however someone should tell the U.S. Playing Card Co. that their combie cutter thing isn't working so well. I got a deck of cards where the 7 and 8 of spades were totally cut wrong. The 8 was practically cut in half, it was turning into a stripper deck. I was all :mad: GRRR. . . . .
Cards are being cut terribly nowadays. Great video though, now I know how they're made. :D

PS: Hell yeah I do a better one handed fan, that one handed fan was the equivalent of him just flipping all of us off.

Same thing, my whole deck was jacked up, cut wrong, missing cards, and all that crap.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
i do a better table spread then the guy at the beginning of the video! and a better one handed fan! and my one handed fan sucks.

why would they pick cartamundi? i've never handled any of their cards, but they didn't wow me. the heated bar sealing the cellophane, does that damage the cards?

Jun 10, 2010
i do a better table spread then the guy at the beginning of the video! and a better one handed fan! and my one handed fan sucks.

why would they pick cartamundi? i've never handled any of their cards, but they didn't wow me. the heated bar sealing the cellophane, does that damage the cards?

Wow. That fan made me forget all about the ribbon spread. And I don't think it needs to be that hot, or maybe it's some special thingiemajig.

Obviously, since USPCC puts cards in boxes, then cellophane, there is an extra step before it is pushed into a conveyor that goes towards the cello-wrapping area..

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
Wow. That fan made me forget all about the ribbon spread. And I don't think it needs to be that hot, or maybe it's some special thingiemajig.

Obviously, since USPCC puts cards in boxes, then cellophane, there is an extra step before it is pushed into a conveyor that goes towards the cello-wrapping area..

yeah, i recognized that the box on most decks would make that better. but i was wondering if i should buy some cartamundi cards, just to experiment.

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
yeah, i recognized that the box on most decks would make that better. but i was wondering if i should buy some cartamundi cards, just to experiment.

I have a few decks of Cartamundi that I bought from an ebay dealer. Let me tell you somthing they are good cards. They are plastic coated too for those who like that.

Only thing is the back design is ok. Not really that great

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results