How long do you put Guardians in the freezer for?

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I recommend you put them in the fridge and not the freezer. Here's a little story about a friend of a friend of mine... That should put you off shoving your guardians in the freezer. I normally put my cards in the fridge (which I hardly ever do) overnight and in the morning I let it cool "up" while I go to school. When I'm back I put them under a few heavy books (or a porper if you have one) for an hour and they are as good as new.

So to recap Cards+Freezer for over an hour = BAD!!!

Sep 2, 2007
San Diego, CA
Okay... I remember reading that thread. And I do live in San Diego. Should I leave it at room temperature? Or in the box like in front of a fan to keep it just under the temperature?

P.S. Room temp in San Diego is like 70˚.

Sep 2, 2007
If there's a problem with clumping just use a textbook or two, after waiting a couple of hours for the deck to cool down from the humidity and high temperature of the shipping package - that worked for me.

I've never tried freezing it, or putting it the fridge. If you live in San Diego, or a place with above average temperatures, I would suggest a fan to cool it down, not an ice box.

Further, make sure that your hands are clean, sweat-free, oil-free, not dirty ... before handling the deck.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I believe that Ellusionist and some other magic websites may have this product called "Dry Hands" that you spray on that help with the sweating and grimming up of your decks. Of ocurse, you spray your hands and not the deck itself.

Shane K.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
Guys, THEY'RE BITS OF PAPER! Leaving in them in the freezer or fridge is not only weird, it makes you look crazy! Just leave em for a while. If they're warping a bit, use a textbook or a Porper if you have one.

Remember they're just cards...

Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Guys, THEY'RE BITS OF PAPER! Leaving in them in the freezer or fridge is not only weird, it makes you look crazy! Just leave em for a while. If they're warping a bit, use a textbook or a Porper if you have one.

Ty

They are also our tools for performing the impossible. I think I'd take great care of something of that caliber. But, that's just me! :D

Shane K.

Sep 2, 2007

Ty

Exactly, just because my dollar bill won't be accepted by the vending machine, I'm not going to put it in the freezer, fridge, toaster, oven, toilet, shower ... I'm going to flatten it out with something heavy, like a TV. :D

Also, if you're going to use the textbook method, I suggest putting half the deck facing one way and the other half facing the opposite way to reduce friction - it's also quicker and easier that way.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
Yeah, putting cards into the freezer is one of the dumbest things you can do as far as cards go. Putting cards in the freezer will expedite the warping process, and even if you put them in a sealed bag there will be in the bag that will turn into moisture. Theoretically the only way that it would work is if you could put the deck into some sort of vacuum with no air.

Sep 2, 2007
Here's what I generally do. It has a fifty percent chance of making your cards fan perfectly forever.

• Take the cards out of the box, crimp them hard longwise, and put them in a tall glass of water.
  • Next, stick them in the freezer till the water freezes.
  • Take the glass out, set it on your kitchen table, and shoot it with a gun (caliber, gun type, etc. really don't matter so much).
  • Now, wait for the ice to melt and the water to evaporate.
  • Pick up all the little bits of paper and put them into a top-loading toaster. Set the temperature to high, and push the little button down.
  • When your toaster dings, you'll have to get the cards out of there some how, so reach on in with a fork and get those suckers!

At this point, you should be in one of two places. In one of those places, cards fan perfectly forever and all you'll ever need is one deck for the rest of time.

Otherwise, you'll be stuck in a location where all decks are actually just small bricks painted to look like decks of cards, and those don't fan all that well. I recommend taking a careful inventory of your life before attempting this, as it may help ensure you end up in the right location for the desired effect.

Okay, I have to say that I don't know how bad this problem really is because I live in Alaska where 60 degrees is a normal day right now. Well, 50-60. In the summer, I perform in 70. BUT! I DO know what it's like when someone hasn't washed their hands. And it sucks. A lot. My friend didn't wash their hands, and was really greasy in general It was very hard to doctor those :( But if you just wash your hands before using them it always seems to help my new decks!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results