How many decks do you have?

Aug 19, 2009
I'll admit it - I'm a bit of a horder. :) My current card collection is over 1,000 decks. I know it's quite excessive, but I wanted to make sure I was never without a good deck of cards. With all the new changes at USPCC, especially in stock quality, I wonder how long we will have access to quality cards. My question to you is, how many decks have you stocked? I'm asking not for largest collection's concern, but to see just how far beyond the norm I am. :) Do you think there will always be places to find great cards?

Also, how many decks do you burn through in a year?

At this point I'm done stocking up on cards, but I still wonder what will happen when I run out. Almost 1/4 of my collection are either old rider backs or tallys, and I would guess I have around 50 different kinds of decks. So a good 7-10% or so of my collection will never be used.

Thoughts?

Apr 6, 2010
Well since i started magic and flourishing 3 months ago, i already have 26 decks (most of them different) so i think im headed towards a good collection after a year or two :p

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
This is a very important question....arguably one of the most important questions we can ask ourselves in magic.

I, for one, have always maintained that your choice in the what deck of cards you use will make or break you as a performer. For example, if I'm using a deck of Jerry Nuggets and someone else is using a deck of blue Wynns, it will be obvious to any spectator I'm the superior magician.

So of course, the more decks you have, the stronger your powers will grow in magic.

I only have about 100 decks...but soon I will grow more powerful, perhaps even most powerful of all.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
This is a very important question....arguably one of the most important questions we can ask ourselves in magic.

I, for one, have always maintained that your choice in the what deck of cards you use will make or break you as a performer. For example, if I'm using a deck of Jerry Nuggets and someone else is using a deck of blue Wynns, it will be obvious to any spectator I'm the superior magician.

So of course, the more decks you have, the stronger your powers will grow in magic.

I only have about 100 decks...but soon I will grow more powerful, perhaps even most powerful of all.

I....I love you.

Apr 1, 2009
California
I have about 8-9... all Bicycle. Blue and Red. It's really all I use. Occasionally when I can get my hands on them, Tally-Ho, because they're just a beautiful deck. but this is really all I use. about to go get some more Bikes maybe...

Aug 19, 2009
b_08, A+ on the sarcasm. Useful or thoughtful information might have earned you bonus points though.

I understand that materials aren't everything - a master can make beauty from a poor base. However, the beauty would be that much greater with an appropriate foundation from which to start. Certainly anyone who has even dabbled in cardistry knows that all decks are NOT created equal.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
*sigh* 10 decks. However Zach(ReadMoreMagicBooks) has about 4000. He hates it when I tell everybody about this. So, time to spread the word.

-G

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
I am reading through this thread, and I think I laughed for a good ten minutes. I have well over 100 and I tend to burn through a new deck every week, mainly because I am pretty rough on my cards and take them through environments that they don't belong. Though those are always bikes, I reserve higher quality for actual performances and not as a roving pack. Good times...

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I have seen your video. Your collection is worth a fortune because of all of those Wynns. That is an awesome collection.

-G

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
b_08, A+ on the sarcasm. Useful or thoughtful information might have earned you bonus points though.

I understand that materials aren't everything - a master can make beauty from a poor base. However, the beauty would be that much greater with an appropriate foundation from which to start. Certainly anyone who has even dabbled in cardistry knows that all decks are NOT created equal.

Actually its more of a full circle.
When people who know nothing about cardistry and just see card brands as just normal decks with different designs they think "what the heck does it matter what cards you use? they're ALL cards and they all feel the same".
Later when people get into the cliques of the cardistry world they tend to gravitate toward certain brands and say that they "feel" the difference. And talk about stock and finish and how some cards suprisingly are easier to handle than others. Its like hearing a guy from the golf club talk about how his brand new Callaway driver makes his games ten times better. The club doesnt make the player. Its all in your head.
Then the last phase is when you realize that it doesnt matter what cards you use.You can do the same flourish exactly the same way as with another deck. You can suck just as much with a cheap deck as much as you do with a "good" one.

Aug 19, 2009
Actually its more of a full circle.
When people who know nothing about cardistry and just see card brands as just normal decks with different designs they think "what the heck does it matter what cards you use? they're ALL cards and they all feel the same".
Later when people get into the cliques of the cardistry world they tend to gravitate toward certain brands and say that they "feel" the difference. And talk about stock and finish and how some cards suprisingly are easier to handle than others. Its like hearing a guy from the golf club talk about how his brand new Callaway driver makes his games ten times better. The club doesnt make the player. Its all in your head.
Then the last phase is when you realize that it doesnt matter what cards you use.You can do the same flourish exactly the same way as with another deck. You can suck just as much with a cheap deck as much as you do with a "good" one.

So you think all decks work equally well for fanning and faroing? How about springing or longevity? Oh, and humidity affects them all the same? Is "finish" just a meaningless word? I have several cheap decks that I'm sure not even De'vo could fan well.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
So you think all decks work equally well for fanning and faroing? How about springing or longevity? Oh, and humidity affects them all the same? Is "finish" just a meaningless word? I have several cheap decks that I'm sure not even De'vo could fan well.

and deck can be faroed. I dont even know if thats a word. Seeing guys talk about "ohh this one shuffles together so smoothly..they come together so perfectly.." is all pretentious BS. Fanning the same way. I once had a deck of cards that clumped together real nasty and I tossed them aside saying they were crap cards. My friend who practices cardistry fanned them like nothing. It was me not the cards.
Same for all of them. Like I said,people like to think they will be better by buying certain brands of the same thing. Like comparing a 50 dollar shirt from Hollister and one from Dillards thats ten bucks. Both can be made out of the same material but you are buying the name brand. And I use the shirts the same way.
But believe what you want,buy all your decks and treat them as if they were wine by all means.
Im not the one wasting my money.

hduarte1

Elite Member
Jul 2, 2008
Akatsuki Hideout
and deck can be faroed. I dont even know if thats a word. Seeing guys talk about "ohh this one shuffles together so smoothly..they come together so perfectly.." is all pretentious BS. Fanning the same way. I once had a deck of cards that clumped together real nasty and I tossed them aside saying they were crap cards. My friend who practices cardistry fanned them like nothing. It was me not the cards.
Same for all of them. Like I said,people like to think they will be better by buying certain brands of the same thing. Like comparing a 50 dollar shirt from Hollister and one from Dillards thats ten bucks. Both can be made out of the same material but you are buying the name brand. And I use the shirts the same way.
But believe what you want,buy all your decks and treat them as if they were wine by all means.
Im not the one wasting my money.

YOU buy what YOU can afford… Don’t come with that BS that all cards are the same…

I’ve been trying to fan my red Wynn deck for months and I still can’t… then I grabbed some guardians and the fan like butter…????

HD

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results