How Many Decks of Cards Do You Rip Through Every Month?

How Many Decks of Cards Do You Rip Through each Month?

• 15 Decks a Month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somwhere Around 20 Decks a Month

• Around 90 Decks (yes!... 30 Decks a MONTH!)

• Total voters
It could be any number of decks.

I never throw any out though. Just in case I would need a junk deck in the future. Sometimes it could go from 4 to 10-11. If I practice a lot it would be much higher. It also depends on what cards I'm using. Sometimes I take a break from a deck and go back to it later.

So it really depends which decks, how much I practice, and many other variables.

-Michael

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
It could be any number of decks.

I never throw any out though. Just in case I would need a junk deck in the future. Sometimes it could go from 4 to 10-11. If I practice a lot it would be much higher. It also depends on what cards I'm using. Sometimes I take a break from a deck and go back to it later.

So it really depends which decks, how much I practice, and many other variables.

-Michael
Yes I never throw any decks out either, I might need it for a gimmick or just to practice my springing.

Brian

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
About 2. I try to conserve my cards... I would rather buy some books or some different cards for my collection than constantly spending money on Bikes. But I could easily go through a deck per two days or so... I just choose not to.

Sep 1, 2007
Maybe one deck, every couple of months. My performance decks stay in a little box when I'm not out performing with them, and I'll practise with whatever's lying around. Performance decks get replaced as and when they get too beaten up to continue using, which depends on the frequency of gigs.

What the hell is with this burning through decks in a matter of days? What are you guys doing to them exactly? Do I even want to know?

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
1 about every month, yes I use it after it's broken down. But like adjones I'd rather save money on new material, instead of props.

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
I go through less than one deck of cards each month, Cards ar expensive over here, Ive got to make them last. The last time I bought a deck of cards was when the 1st Edition Trilorgy was released, and Im just about needing a new deck now.

Cheers, Tom
Hehe thanks for the reply Tom, I'm suprised most people chose 1 deck.... oh well

Brian

My performance deck is my practise deck unless i am doing some trick which kills decks quick...

eg. palming cards or spreading cards on the wood surface of my house...

but 2 decks maximum a month , some times 1 every 2 months...

MY equation to amount of decks used is comparative to how wealthy you are... which is also comparative to your age.

For instance if a 15 year old was the user , then he would be getting lets say 10 $ pocket money from an average family?! so you are looking at about a deck a month.

Another case is a 25 year old with his own salary, which would mean about 2-3 decks a month , depending on his job and interest/time for magic a month.

LOL im so bored ... please don't scream at me for blabbering its 12 am...

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
When I was learning to faro shuffle I went through about 4 decks in a few weeks. When I am not trying something new I would say a deck lasts at least a month bearing in mind I am not a flourisher and only do card magic.

I have also given away a number of decks to people I perform for on occasion. Because the decks I use are relatively expensive (split spades) I try my best to extend the life of the deck as long as possible.

I really am confused as to how guys go through more than a dozen decks a month if that is truly accurate or just someone trying to impress with how many decks they can wreck in a month. I am more impressed when someone makes a deck last for more than a month =)

--Jim

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
What do people mean when they destroy a deck of cards? Is it when they fail to fan, or does not hold together well?..

I live in Australia and cards are pretty expensive. Ive been using my bicycle ghosts for 6 months now, and havent yet replaced it. By definition, I guess my cards are ripped...but I still use it to practice flourishing and magic.

I can't believe that after 30 votes only myself and 1 other person goes through more than 10 decks a month!!! I understand it can depend on your income if you don't live in the States - 2 decks for like $3 or something (I live in Australia tho)

But if I'm not working or doing something (else) important with my hands I'm fanning, passing, cutting, colour changing or just annoying other people with my cards. After a few rough days with a deck it doesn't perform anymore so I stick it in a draw for when I need to do a TNR or use a dirty key card.

I do have some performing only decks which will last for ever tho.

Oh and DLeerium, goto www.acekicker.com.au, I've just started buying my regular bikes from there, $6.15 each, not as cheap as www.kardwell.com but kardwell charge $50 for UPS international shipping.

$15 (approx 2 1/2 decks) a week for a hobby isn't that much if you love it!

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Thx quick_trick

Ive bought from Ace kicker before (2 tally ho fan backs for $5 Aus each)
The thing is that I dont trust online sites, and I require people to do the buying for me, which is a hassle.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results