How much do you offer for gigs?

It's Chapter 4: Marketing: Booking the Gig.
I didnt mention them because for some reason I was under the impression you had them taken down and were marketing them as a PDF
but I may have confused that with something else. Sorry about that. I updated my above post with the link.

No, it is my intent to make them a PDF. But taken them down yet I haven't.

That PDF is actualy turned into a larger project, and a collection of several of my essays that I've written, some posted here some not.

But until I'm ready to move on that PDF, my essays remain public.

There is a TON of valuable information in Draven's post that he has linked. I have gained a lot of insight and tips by reading through its entirety. It may seem like a large amount of info to digest but it is well worth it. I can't believe he hasn't made a small booklet yet and charged for it. Ha Ha.

(OK Draven...you owe me $50 bucks now)

Only $50? LOL wow! You're cheap advertismenet, I like you. You can stay.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
My last gig request, I gave them a few different price point "packages" and they ended up taking the most expensive one I offered. Very nice. Next time I will make another higher priced package. ;)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Do you get more or less down under in kangaroo land? I was low balling a little due to him starting out. I think the average in most places would be more between 80 and 150 US depending on the circumstances. That if I'm correct in assuming he's stolling or something of that nature.

Haha! In my opinion, starting magicians, assuming that they are good magicians (simply lacking professional gig experience) can charge a little more than the equivalent after the exchange rate down here, working on the same assumptions. Although having said that, a lot of people undersell themselves. But it's a different market, here to the US, definitely, I mean, the restaurant magician practically doesn't exist here in Australia.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
It is so true I have only ever seen two here in Canberra.

One was obnoxious and I wanted to punch in the face (I would have been 7 or 8 and really liked magic.)

The other was a few weeks ago I was out at dinner and he came up to the table and did a few things, he was not bad but he was old and did not really connect to the group.

Actually on second thought he may have been Erdanse.

Oct 4, 2009
Well my call out fee is $250 which gets you 1/2 hour. Then $50 for every half hour after that. They're a little lower then my mates but they have a little bit more experience (or are a little bit more lazy and wont get out of bed for less). Make sure you research your area, it should'nt be to hard. Like myself, I found that all the kids magician pretty much all charge $250 for a 30-40 min show. Read the link sent earlier and research you area and charge what you will be comfortable taking from them. BTW those prices are for house parties, corporate is a lot higher, it's the companies money not some dad raising 4 kids.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results