How much practice for Shifty?

Nov 22, 2008
Germany
Hey Dudes
How long did you practised "Shifty by Chris Kenner" before you did a live performance do someone other?
And what were the reactions you get from the trick?
did they saw the "move" or did they went crazy?
thanks for helping

Jun 27, 2008
Hi :) I got it down after about 5 solid hours of practicing. Not perfect, but performable :)

And what I did, was performing it to one guy in a room with about 8 people or so, and he freaked out, so the others of course heard that, and kept asking, "what did he do?".

So I told him that he should tell the others what he just saw, and that was amazing, because laymen often do not comprehend what they are seeing, and with a move, or trick, as visual as Shifty, he just went, "I dunno, he just tilted his hand (while gesturing some weird arm motion), and then it was on top!"
That was a nice moment.
I of course showed the others a little later, and they went nuts as well :D

Go buy this trick!

Nov 22, 2008
Germany
Hi :) I got it down after about 5 solid hours of practicing. Not perfect, but performable :)

And what I did, was performing it to one guy in a room with about 8 people or so, and he freaked out, so the others of course heard that, and kept asking, "what did he do?".

So I told him that he should tell the others what he just saw, and that was amazing, because laymen often do not comprehend what they are seeing, and with a move, or trick, as visual as Shifty, he just went, "I dunno, he just tilted his hand (while gesturing some weird arm motion), and then it was on top!"
That was a nice moment.
I of course showed the others a little later, and they went nuts as well :D

Go buy this trick!

i already bought it ;)
just wanted to know how much practise before a live performence^^ thanks for the advice

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Yeah took me about a week or two to get it perfect. People love it. Even if the move is obvious to a magician who knows how it is done, it still seems to fool the **** out of spectators. That's what i love about it. It still kills even if you mess a little. Great move..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results