How to begin

Oct 25, 2009
hi everybody, I'm a magician and not a fluorishman but I have always been fascinated by the XCM or whatever you like to call it.

A few months ago I bought Dangerous by Madison and sometime I practise watching the motion dvd.

Is it a good way to begin? What dvds do you think that I should see to practise?

I also watched the 2nd disk of the trilogy but I can do only the molecule because the others are too difficult for me. I have problems with the grip so the packets always fall down.

Have you got some advices for me? What cards should I use? do you know some methods to increase the grip on the cards?

HELP ME!!!

PS sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian and probably I don't speak your language really well

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
well if you have the full trilogy check out the Flourishes 101 section on Disc 3. You could look into Xtreme Beginners or possibly more helpful you could Buy The Encyclopedia of Playing Card FLourishes by Jerry. Both are great resources although i didn't particularly like Xtreme Beginners. Also check out decknique. Alot of old threads and stuff have some AMAZING info and tips. Check the section right here on T11. I believe their is a stickied thread on the Cardistry section with tips and info for those starting out in Flourishing that i found helpful.

in my opinion dangerous is a bit hard...trillogy is also too hard for beginners... u should first pick up the basics ... so for that the best dvd is genises v.1 ... also i would pick up the first volume of xtreme beginners... second volume u can pick when u know basics... stay away from crappy youtube videos .... and if u know the basics get the system and trilogy...and if u take it very serious with xcm u can watch for the anaconda dvd / tornado cut (musst have for every XCMer) and brian tudor's generation extrem oder maybe show of 2 or 3^^
and if u got problems with grips always practice slowly until your muscels get uses to the motions and then build up speed.... i hope this helps you.... btw sry for bad english i'm german
good luck

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results