Hummingbird card

Jun 1, 2009
I searched the forums already and couldnt find anything on this, so my apologizes up front if there is one already.

I saw this http://www.magicwhiz.com/humming-bird-card-trick.html

and wondered if it is worth the money or practial enough? I think it would be good as a stage effect along with other effects, but I'm not entirely sure if its worth the money.

Any advice or input is appreciated!

Your Boy,
Fez

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Its a classic street magic trick.
I remember it being chocked to death a few years ago.
It takes long practice to make it fluid as possible but it is a great trick.
I used to use it to attract passerby to perform for them.

Jun 1, 2009
ok cool.
Im guessing its a gimmick, so is it easy to carry around and be ready to peform like whenever?

May 3, 2008
The gimmick isn't really made for this trick. You probably already have the materials for this trick laying around. It's pretty basic.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I use this weekly at my school. As a teacher I can walk down the halls, stop, pull the card out of my pocket and float, spin, or manipulate the card many different ways.
The kids traveling in the halls go nuts...ha ha. I love to make the card float around me and then I snatch it in mid air....stare at the kids...and then put it back in my shirt pocket and walk away. The gasps and jaws on the floor are super.
I would get it if I were you.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
ok cool.
Im guessing its a gimmick, so is it easy to carry around and be ready to peform like whenever?

The gimmick is not the MOST practical, but you can definitely set it up and be ready any time with any (even borrowed) deck of cards. It is available for less at different places. Jim Pace sells it with a special card that lights up. It looks cool (not to mention Jim's handling of this effect is outrageous).

It's a definite must buy. (no pun intended)

Aug 18, 2008
This is an oldie but goodie. The way i learned, you could easily change which item you wanted to float. You could borrow a deck, have a card selected then have that card fly around you, then give the card back to the spectator and take their library card and perform with that. It is a lot of fun, but it can be frustrating and will take some practice to make it look good.

May 1, 2009
UK
A classic effect, needs plenty of practice there more of a knack to it. But once mastered you'll enjoy performing it.

Jun 1, 2009
But you can make the card/object go all the way around you with the product in question. Wouldnt those not allow that without you getting tangled up?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results