Hybrid :: Key Magic by Jeff Prace

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Hi Jeff, I'm assuming you were inspired by Jay Sankey's key effect, but your handling is "killer". I loved every minute of it. Nice work buddy.

Sep 7, 2008
Rick, "Killer Key" - to the best of my knowledge - goes earlier than Sankey. Roy Baker's "Key-Boodle" was a marketed trick in the 70s seems to be the earliest source. "Ultimate Coin Ta Key" and a Presley Guitar item came after, but still before Sankey.

In regards to the gimmick, I would prefer not to talk about it here.

Thanks to everyone that watched, commented, and enjoyed it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Rick, "Killer Key" - to the best of my knowledge - goes earlier than Sankey. Roy Baker's "Key-Poodle" was a marketed trick in the 70s seems to be the earliest source. "Ultimate Coin Ta Key" and a Presley Guitar item came after, but still before Sankey.

In regards to the gimmick, I would prefer not to talk about it here.

Thanks to everyone that watched, commented, and enjoyed it!

The handling was excelent...but I am afraid the final reveal kinda explains a lot of the trick...of course only for magicians...not spectators...but you had me fooled all the way through!!

Sep 7, 2008
An alternative, possible ending is to link the key back to the key ring. My preference has just always been to "fuse" the two objects together.

Feb 7, 2011
An alternative, possible ending is to link the key back to the key ring. My preference has just always been to "fuse" the two objects together.

Thats what I was thinking, while watching it I thought you would end with the key linking back onto the hoop, to me that would seem more fitting. It doesn't take away from your performance at all though. It was great.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'm with Red on this one. Handing out the gimmick fused seems to lead them right down the path of them only seeing portions of things here and there. I would rather see you link the key back on as the ending. Just my two cents.

Apr 7, 2011
the underground.
Very good but once you showed the 'hybrid' it revealed it to me. I agree with rick.

I agree. I found the handling amazing and I was actually surprised between each transposition until I saw the end. I than told myself, "Awww, I see."... Jeff, anyway you can post another performance with the key back to key ring? :)

Sep 7, 2008
I'll try to get around to it ASAP. Kind of busy to film a live performance, but I can show the alternate ending quickly in my basement or something.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I kind of like the fused together idea but the real question I have is where did the excess metal go. I am not too sure if the handling but maybe a spot weld if a real key ring to key may make a little more sense.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results