I love live TV - Phenomenon!

wpt1031

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Toledo Ohio
I thought Erans routine was stupid and dangerous. It obviously would have been better if he hadn't got bitten but still it was really another version of his Russian Roulette routine from two weeks ago. Mike Supers routine was pretty good. Great charisma he really had the audience going and a nice effect. Angela really used her sex appeal for her effect. I didn't really like it. I found it bland and boring her Russian Roulette routine from last week was much better. Now Gerry is on!

Criss is a moron.

Criss tried pretended to talk to the dead in his first Seance eposide. He even made a crappy image of a girl appear.

I don't see what Jim did was any different. That was his presentation. He's not scamming anybody. He's not saying that he'll read your mind and tell you things like where your missing dog is. He's just doing his mentalism act which includes him talking to the dead Raymond.

Did Criss want him to say " This is all fake. It's all just acting and it's just a magic trick." before his act. That would ruin the mood. We are magicians and we are allowed to lie.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Criss is a moron.

Criss tried pretended to talk to the dead in his first Seance eposide. He even made a crappy image of a girl appear.

I don't see what Jim did was any different. That was his presentation. He's not scamming anybody. He's not saying that he'll read your mind and tell you things like where your missing dog is. He's just doing his mentalism act which includes him talking to the dead Raymond.

Did Criss want him to say " This is all fake. It's all just acting and it's just a magic trick." before his act. That would ruin the mood. We are magicians and we are allowed to lie.

Ouch...paintball to the ol' cubes. :p

Anyway, um...Criss pretty much admitted at the end of both of his seance episodes that he doesn't believe in the supernatural. What he was doing was just an act of entertainment. Jim on the other hand...let's not go there.

He's gone now, so there shouldn't be anymore interferences on Phenomenon other than snake bites and rogue paintballs. :D

Shane K.

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
since when are uri and criss considered "masters"?

at the end credits it said

masters
criss angel
uri gellar

i say we make one of them darn petitions to take away criss's masterhood!

Sep 1, 2007
I posted the same thing over at E

I feel like in the 3 episodes of this show there've only been three tricks...

Write something down and I'll figure out what it is
Put something in a box and I'll figure out what it is
Mix something safe with something dangerous and I'll do something overdramatic in order to find the safe thing

Is that all there is to mentalism? Comon now. Mix it up a LITTLE bit. So far there've been four roulette-type effects and COUNTLESS write something on a card but don't show me effects. I was bored to tears with it tonight, but I keep hoping something good will pop up.

Overall I think Gerry with the paintball guns was fantastic, in the fact that I didn't find it boring at all. The rest of them were predictable and uninspiring

Mix something safe with something dangerous and I'll do something overdramatic in order to find the safe thing

Is that all there is to mentalism? Comon now. Mix it up a LITTLE bit. So far there've been four roulette-type effects and COUNTLESS write something on a card but don't show me effects. I was bored to tears with it tonight, but I keep hoping something good will pop up.

Overall I think Gerry with the paintball guns was fantastic, in the fact that I didn't find it boring at all. The rest of them were predictable and uninspiring

I agree here. Although Mike is an acception, he really switched it up with the voodoo

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz

well if you think about it...all mentalism is the same..."i will use my mind to figure something out"

and then i guess all card tricks are the same......make this one disappear...then reappear.....

Sep 1, 2007
Eran is very "mysterious" looking. He really looks like a kind of mind reading special powers kind of guy. That was his second roulette effect though. Come up with something new.

I know the whole idea of mentalism is to figure something out with your mind, but enough writing on cards and insisting you've never seen the contents of the box.

My favorite act so far in the show was the pendulum and the matchboxes, because it broke those 3 categories that I said before. Everything is so repetitive.

One reason I think this show is so incredibly boring to laypeople as well is the fact that 95% of the effects COULD be achieved by prearranging beforehand. Like...tell them I touched you twice on the right shoulder. Or write Eric your dad. And then all acting. It could be so easily done in that fashion, that I think it's extra-boring

Nov 5, 2007
ha..it's like a card trick...
you guess the card they picked..
somebody comes and says ..that S*** was fake..
If you can guess the cards he/she picked out ,guess the card that Im thinking..
And that is when you say okay, and pull out the invisible deck.

Nov 5, 2007
I am sick of the roulette as well and I don't believe Raven got bit by the snake. That was bad acting, and we never saw the bite. He then used that hand to pull up the necklace...seemed to remember and switched hands quickly.

Sep 14, 2007
Fayetteville, TN
Might have been fake, but...

I am sick of the roulette as well and I don't believe Raven got bit by the snake. That was bad acting, and we never saw the bite. He then used that hand to pull up the necklace...seemed to remember and switched hands quickly.

I thought, too, that he probably was just upping the "danger" of the effect by pretending to get bit, since it was the non-poisinous snake's basket he stuck his hand in. Also, if you noticed his parents in the audience, his mother looked real nervous, but his dad seemed to be re-assuring her, like he knew what was really happening. After all, if he really got chomped by a snake, I think his parents would have started freaking!

I'll give him props, though. Whether he actually got bit or not, he stuck his hand in a basket with a snake, and that takes some big-time kahones! Plus, his presentation is pretty good.

The guy right before him, with the voodoo doll, I really enjoy his style. The effect isn't as spectacular as the snake one, but he has good charisma and good command of the stage.

Sep 9, 2007

I've been bitten by a non-poisonous snake before, and i gotta say, it hurts like a *****, but you'll live. It actually stings the most right when it happens, but eventually, you can just block it out and it isn't that bad.

but yeah, I don't think the snakebite was an accident.

the paintball thing wasn't that entertaining. and the voodoo doll was an interesting application of the PK touch, especially the hands burning. I liked that. In fact, I might even "borrow" it when i can find a way to work it into what I do...

Ray

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
Wow... my respect towards Criss... went up... can't believe it myself..
Because I'm also a sceptic...this is america, I think people should make up their own minds on what they believe and what they think.. but meh.. thats only my opinion :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9QV-XdcaxI interview with Criss

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results