I need some routine help... (not asking for exposure)

May 29, 2011
Atlantic City NJ
I was looking for some help on how to transfer between two tricks in my routine. My routine usually starts off with a guess your card by feeling (that trick is so ancient get off my back about credits) after that I have them sign the card and do a holdback count effect (see the last parentheses), next comes The Shark by Chris Ballinger and thats where the problem is... after the effect is done, their left holding signed card and I'm having hard time getting the card into position for French Kiss by Wayne Houchin. I've tried a gamblers shuffle which kinda works but it doesn't look natural maybe I need to practice it some more. but i was wondering if anyone has any other ideas? Like I said i'm not asking how to do either effect just how to get the dang card into position.

P.s.: The parentheses thing is a joke please take it as such.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Top Change the signed selection for the signed dupe under the natural misdirection that the effect is over.

Then you can go straight into the fold or place the card back on top and go from there.

Jul 16, 2011
you could top change, but i find the easiest way to to this is the following: getting into the position for french kiss is quite simple. while they're holding their card, talk to them about how you could never duplicate it or some sort of misdirection. while thats happening secretly turn the top card of the deck face up, then take their card back and place it face up on top of the deck (on top of the face up card) now you're in the perfect position to turn both cards over and do a DL. then you're in perfect posistion to to french kiss. hope that helped

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
The problem with your method is placing the card back on the deck. With the top change the card and deck should be completly seperate the whole time in the spectators mind. Not to mention you have justification to hand the deckoff whilst you fold their selection.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results