I put this together for school...

The teacher of my video production class asked me to make a video of my magic tricks, needless to say this is that video. I put it on you tube so that my teacher could get it.I call it Street Magic because I couldn't think of a name that was original and decided to use a name like David Blaine's second magic special because I have no creativity in this area. Thanks for watching. Feedback welcome. (feedback like "Good job" or "Work on your DL break get ready" , or "Work on your top change" , "You flashed at 0:37". Not "YOU SUCK ".) :)

P.S. The little bit at the end of "Back to you" is the video saying "back to you anchors, because this is on the school newscast and not meant to be on Youtube, but I only had one way to get the video to the teacher".

Thanks, and awaiting feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcCyOEYRLNY

P.S. I realized that I put the title in the wrong order, It should be "I put this together for school".

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 6, 2010
Dude, i loved your titles for a start, you did them nice and simple and not over the top with flame balls bouncing together and shiz, trust me on that i have a lot of experience with video editing as i'm a film student. So when i say those were nice titles then i mean it :).

That aside, i thought it was really well put together, you cut every clip right down to the content that was necessary and good, and that i like.

I also thought that all of the tricks you performed were smooth, well executed and stylish, and the filming, although a little shakey (given factor) was good too.

All in all well done, i hope your teacher likes it, but either way i definitely enjoyed it and think you have got a good style to your magic and editing.

That what you wanted to hear? :)

Dude, i loved your titles for a start, you did them nice and simple and not over the top with flame balls bouncing together and shiz, trust me on that i have a lot of experience with video editing as i'm a film student. So when i say those were nice titles then i mean it :).

That aside, i thought it was really well put together, you cut every clip right down to the content that was necessary and good, and that i like.

I also thought that all of the tricks you performed were smooth, well executed and stylish, and the filming, although a little shakey (given factor) was good too.

All in all well done, i hope your teacher likes it, but either way i definitely enjoyed it and think you have got a good style to your magic and editing.

That what you wanted to hear? :)

Thanks, and that is exactly what I wanted to hear (that actually made me laugh out loud).
I had originally had over the top flames bouncing everywhere but then I changed the music and the flames didn't go with it so I took them out, glad to know it was a good decision.

Thanks for the feedback!

Apr 6, 2010
Well ive done considerable titles at a high level of production in the past and yours were very suitable and simple, good job.

Glad you heard what you wanted to hear :)

Nov 8, 2009
Great performance!!

The tricks that you performed are obviously dialed in and very solid!

that makes me want to go out and do 2 card monte....

Thanks for all the support guys, it definitely means a lot.
On a separate note, I was wondering if any of you guys could help me think of a somewhat more original name for the next one, (it has to have a title like that for it to air on the school announcements), and I feel kind of bad stealing the David Blaine title, "Street Magic". Thanks for all the comments guys!

Apr 20, 2010
Thanks for all the support guys, it definitely means a lot.
On a separate note, I was wondering if any of you guys could help me think of a somewhat more original name for the next one, (it has to have a title like that for it to air on the school announcements), and I feel kind of bad stealing the David Blaine title, "Street Magic". Thanks for all the comments guys!

Firstly, I want to applaud your great performances of these effects. Done terrifically without a doubt and it's clear you have put a lot of practice into these effects.

Secondly, I would like to bring to your attention that 1: I doubt many of your peers know about "Street Magic" or even David Blaine, 2: the school news show typically has many jokes and parodies (or, at least, should) and using the name of a more popular show is fine, and 3: this is technically "street magic." If you still feel bad about using this name, why not take it a step further with "hall magic" or something related to school itself, or you?

Lastly, I apologize for my beginner English -- an act I still need to perfect.

Firstly, I want to applaud your great performances of these effects. Done terrifically without a doubt and it's clear you have put a lot of practice into these effects.

Secondly, I would like to bring to your attention that 1: I doubt many of your peers know about "Street Magic" or even David Blaine, 2: the school news show typically has many jokes and parodies (or, at least, should) and using the name of a more popular show is fine, and 3: this is technically "street magic." If you still feel bad about using this name, why not take it a step further with "hall magic" or something related to school itself, or you?

Lastly, I apologize for my beginner English -- an act I still need to perfect.

Those are very valid points. It's not that I'm scared that someone at my school is going to call me out on copying David Blaine, I just think that it would be slightly unethical of me to copy the names of his specials and make my own videos, and with that said I'm not at all against using the title of street magic for this one, (the thought of "Hallway magic" crossed my mind several times but seemed to... corny). I was just wondering if you guys could help me come up with a name for the next one besides "Magic Man". (Even though there are quite a few people around campus who call me that).

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Possible Title suggestions:

Reality Check?
Experience the Dream
Live on the Edge
Believe
Failure is not an Option
You are all Witnesses

Ha Ha...some of the are corny but let your mind get creative.

Possible Title suggestions:

Reality Check?
Experience the Dream
Live on the Edge
Believe
Failure is not an Option
You are all Witnesses

Ha Ha...some of the are corny but let your mind get creative.

That is a really good one, I'm probably going to use that. Thanks!
And with that I realize that some Theory 11 DVD titles would also make great names (Which I find much less unethical because they are not the names of already published magic specials).
i.e. eXile, Dangerous, Distortion, etc...

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
On the whole it was quite well done. I like the fact that you showed the tricks as a whole then sort of added a few alternate performances of the reactions. With 2CM I feel this does not really work to well because the cards changing is so unexpected it looses alot of the suprise seeing it over and over again. Nice work with the female at the end when you repeated the trick for her friend.

Anyway very well done I would have added something that does not require cards though.

How about this: "Eluding Reality"?

There's only four weeks of school left, this week the one I already posted will be airing on the morning news. That leaves three others, So I'm going to call the next one Believe and do the rest of the card tricks I'm going to do for the year. Then the next one is probably going to be called Distortion, and I'm going to do a coin bend/karate coin. For the last two I have no idea, so I might use that.
Thanks!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results