I really don't like Criss Angel

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Ok, so I was doing magic for this guy that wanted to see stuff because he saw me doing some flourishes and so I said what the heck, Ill do it. So I did card to pocket, a version of cards across and one other thing that I can't remember. Everyone at the table flipped out and that guy said to me, I've watched Criss Angel too much to be impressed by anything.

I don't know about you guys but when I hear that I really wanna punch Criss in the face.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this thread but I don't care. it's an outrage.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Sounds like the guy was just trying to be cooler than everyone else, to me. Or maybe you genuinely didn't impress him, who knows? For me, I'd focus on the people that reacted well and not the single nay sayer. (Unless he has useful feedback, of course)

Nov 23, 2008
It sounds like you hate him out of jealousy. I think everyone else hates him because he's a complete prick.

usually if anyone compairs me to criss angel i just reply with. Who is he? ive never heard of him. i dont think any real magician knows who he is.
is he that character from touched by an angel? do u like dr.quinn medicine woman too?
my mom likes that show. maybe you and her should hang out.
he would be considered a heckler.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Stop whining.

Its like if musicians would be hateing The Rolling Stones or U2 just because they have a show and stage that costs millions of dollars and they just have a guitar.

Or if movie directors would whine because they did not have as much money as James Cameron spent on makeing Avatar.

You can still entertain them, Magic is about entertaining people not impress them.

Yeah, it sounds like the "one guy" was being a jerk. No need to hate on Chris (sorry, CRISS) out of jealousy. I would have just came back with some ridiculous comeback like "you know, if you do that too much, they say you'll go blind", or "they say you'll get hairy palms" or something. Or, like Chris said above, just be like "Who? Never heard of him, does he do magic tricks?". You need to counter his insult by either joking about it or undermining the value of what he said. People like that who always have to be right and be better than everyone else clearly just feel they have something to prove. Blow him off with what I said and then just ignore it; you've already made your point and to argue further with him makes it seem like you're the one defending your standing with your audience. He should be the one who just lost respect and social value in the eyes of the audience; not you.

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Ok, so some might hate me for this... But I actually like Criss. I'm not his biggest fan and am going to get a tattoo of his face on my leg. But I actually got into magic because of him... Well, I got in to it when I was 10 and got a little magic kit.. But besides the point, you don't have to gp in a rage because someone said something about Criss to you.

Those are my thoughts.

-blake.

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
lol something similar happened to me the other day ... i was performing when someone told me "Criss Angel can do it better" and at this point i was like "WTF" and i got worried thinking ... "that's not good"

May 31, 2008
Its like if musicians would be hateing The Rolling Stones or U2 just because they have a show and stage that costs millions of dollars and they just have a guitar.

The Rolling Stones and U2 are actually good.

Criss Angel is like the Creed of magic.

See the resemblance:

ScottStapp_Truscello_9173292.jpg

CrissAngelPicture.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lol something similar happened to me the other day ... i was performing when someone told me "Criss Angel can do it better" and at this point i was like "WTF" and i got worried thinking ... "that's not good"

He may have just been making a reference to the quote from the one "spectator" in the David Blaine Youtube parody when Blaine levitated and the spec said "Criss Angel did it better!". Just a possibility; people quote that parody all the time.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Ok, so I was doing magic for this guy that wanted to see stuff because he saw me doing some flourishes and so I said what the heck, Ill do it. So I did card to pocket, a version of cards across and one other thing that I can't remember. Everyone at the table flipped out and that guy said to me, I've watched Criss Angel too much to be impressed by anything.

I don't know about you guys but when I hear that I really wanna punch Criss in the face.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this thread but I don't care. it's an outrage.

Because in his mind,those are just card tricks. Criss angel builds his effects up to where it seems more than card tricks. And he does some crazy ass ****.
I know some guys who had the same comparisons to criss angel but then they fixed their act,presentation,etc and now they even get compliments on how much better they are than criss angel.
Dont blame him.
He has nothing to do with it

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
If you guys think about it, Criss is probably the most well known magician to the younger crowd now days. They have seen him on TV way more than anyone else so that is all most people can compare us to when they view magic.

The general public has not seen Lance Burton, Johnny Ace Palmer, etc. near as much as Criss.

If you guys think about it, Criss is probably the most well known magician to the younger crowd now days. They have seen him on TV way more than anyone else so that is all most people can compare us to when they view magic.

The general public has not seen Lance Burton, Johnny Ace Palmer, etc. near as much as Criss.

But i have to admit before i get started on magic i used to like criss, them i started to learn the methods and realised how lame he is... :(

Sep 1, 2007
its obvious all you 15 year olds in your mothers basement are jealous of him...the cold hard fact is he is making millions more than you and is probably the most well known magician today...he is obviously doing something right...and since when do methods matter? I'm pretty sure whats important is fooling the audience...and he sure is doing so...ask any laymen, they are always fooled...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results