Ideas for talent show?

May 24, 2008
Hey my college is having a talent show at the end of the month and i cant think of anything to perform any ideas suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 13, 2008
Hey my college is having a talent show at the end of them month and i cant think of anything to perform any ideas suggestions?
Well, what do you know? I wouldn't suggest anything new for a show coming up that soon. So, let us know what you already know, plus your area of interest (just in case some people want to suggest some new things anyway).

May 24, 2008
Well, what do you know? I wouldn't suggest anything new for a show coming up that soon. So, let us know what you already know, plus your area of interest (just in case some people want to suggest some new things anyway).

well basicly just alot of street magic slieght of hand (which wouldnt be good for a big audience) alot of card tricks but then again card tricks wouldnt be to great on the stage, not alot of people can see... that is what i am most interested in..

Jun 24, 2008
United States
hmm can they possible get a camera to project you up onto a projection screen? thats what i did for my highschool talen show last year. That way i was able to do what i knew (four ace productions, NFW, ambitious card) all on a table, yet the entire auditorium could see and be amazed haha. So if they can get someone to film you while you perform ( or maybe set up a tripod?) and get a projection screne, that would probably be the best way to go. But also if you know close up tricks that play big (ex. flow, thread, sinful) then i guess you could do those without a projection screen. Hope this helped!

~Nate

May 24, 2008
hmm can they possible get a camera to project you up onto a projection screen? thats what i did for my highschool talen show last year. That way i was able to do what i knew (four ace productions, NFW, ambitious card) all on a table, yet the entire auditorium could see and be amazed haha. So if they can get someone to film you while you perform ( or maybe set up a tripod?) and get a projection screne, that would probably be the best way to go. But also if you know close up tricks that play big (ex. flow, thread, sinful) then i guess you could do those without a projection screen. Hope this helped!

~Nate

um i dont know i can ask but my guess is probably not.. it would take alot of setup and i think they want to keep it short and smooth.. but that is a great idea!!

what about control? i dont have the effect personally but i think it could be something that could hit hard?

Jan 13, 2008
Control needs a certain atmosphere...unless you have the time and resources (i.e., social network) to play it up (maybe spread the word through the school that you'll be doing something huge, or whatever), then you'd need to at least lead up with an effect (or well scripted patter) that would help make the atmosphere a little more serious and not all "Magic? I wonder what trick he'll be doing...". It can go over well, but it would need a pretty intricate set-up (i.e., lead in to the effect, not the effect itself, obviously) to really hit hard.

If you like cards, you might want to use a Jumbo Bicycle deck and see if you can adapt one of your current routines to using that. Or create a new routine using the jumbo deck. :)

Aug 1, 2008
some small town in NC
If you want to do a trick like control, I recomend doing the trick Wounded by Robert Smith www.papercranemagic.com. It's very visual and it includes a form of Wayne Houchin's trick Control. It would be pretty good for a large crowd. If you have time to learn the cups and balls, that's always a good trick to do for a large group, because they can still see it from a far off.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results