Identity : I want my money back!

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
So, Yep this may sound as a rant, but here it is....

I have sold some things to be able to buy Identity by Daniel Madison, I mean I made my homework, I saw and read carefully the reviews so I was convinced, And I decided to buy it....

These are the things I am mad about....

1.-A lot of the things are tough for me to get....Memento deck? Irreversible??? One of those decks would cost me like about 20$ dollars each....( I live in mexico so I have to buy EVERYTHING via Internet)

2.-Decknine? Man I love a triumph trick, and when I read the reviews and saw this trick on the pdf book, I was like wouuuw great! When I downloaded the pdf, no decknine....

3.-Breach? I was kind of hoping that the gimmicks on the pdfs, could be done with things that I could get here, bus as I have said before, I just can't I mean I liked this effect a lot And now I cant do it because I need to save even more monrey to be able to do it.

4.-there are like only 3 or 4 tricks in the whole pdf that I can do withouth gimmicks, and those are the tricks I didnt have my eye on....

So that's it, I know that some of you are going to throw me some bricks for this but before that....

I know there are ungimmicked versions of the tricks, I don't find them as useful as the gimmicked ones, and remember that is a little bit more difficult for me to get the material......

So, Yep, Im sad, not because the book is bad, but because I just can't practice any of the tricks there....:(

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
So, Yep this may sound as a rant, but here it is....

I have sold some things to be able to buy Identity by Daniel Madison, I mean I made my homework, I saw and read carefully the reviews so I was convinced, And I decided to buy it....

These are the things I am mad about....

1.-A lot of the things are tough for me to get....Memento deck? Irreversible??? One of those decks would cost me like about 20$ dollars each....( I live in mexico so I have to buy EVERYTHING via Internet)

2.-Decknine? Man I love a triumph trick, and when I read the reviews and saw this trick on the pdf book, I was like wouuuw great! When I downloaded the pdf, no decknine....

3.-Breach? I was kind of hoping that the gimmicks on the pdfs, could be done with things that I could get here, bus as I have said before, I just can't I mean I liked this effect a lot And now I cant do it because I need to save even more monrey to be able to do it.

4.-there are like only 3 or 4 tricks in the whole pdf that I can do withouth gimmicks, and those are the tricks I didnt have my eye on....

So that's it, I know that some of you are going to throw me some bricks for this but before that....

I know there are ungimmicked versions of the tricks, I don't find them as useful as the gimmicked ones, and remember that is a little bit more difficult for me to get the material......

So, Yep, Im sad, not because the book is bad, but because I just can't practice any of the tricks there....:(
So, you did your homework, knew that most of the stuff was gimmicked, and are disappointed that there's too many gimmicks?

Daniel's job is not to create gimmicks (or magic) around materials that are readily availble in Mexico. Order them online.

EDIT: And if I were Daniel I would not refund you. It's like people that buy a communion dress on Friday and then return it on Monday saying "it didn't fit". You saw the magic already. Daniel can't take that back from you.

D

Deleted member 2755

I think you should write a review and talk about your complaints rather than making a thread on the general discussion board saying you want your money back.:rolleyes:

-Doug

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
So, you did your homework, knew that most of the stuff was gimmicked, and are disappointed that there's too many gimmicks?

Daniel's job is not to create gimmicks (or magic) around materials that are readily availble in Mexico. Order them online.

EDIT: And if I were Daniel I would not refund you. It's like people that buy a communion dress on Friday and then return it on Monday saying "it didn't fit". You saw the magic already. Daniel can't take that back from you.

That's not what I meant, I knew that there were Gimmicks, I KNEW that they were going to be almost all of the tricks gimmicks, but man....The things to make the gimmicks are very hard for me to get...

And using your dress example...

Is like buying a dress, but they only give you half of it.

If I had 500$ I would probably buy the things via internet, and I would probably make the gimmicks right away,I didnt say in any way that the book was bad...
in fact I am amase with the originalty of the tricks, I just cant make them.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I think you should write a review and talk about your complaints rather than making a thread on the general discussion board saying you want your money back.:rolleyes:

-Doug

Man I was almost crying, Yep, Maybe a wrong name for the thread.

And As I said before, I posted this here because Im looking for some tips on making the gimmicks, or any advice that can be given.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
The things to make the gimmicks are very hard for me to get....
Not if you order them online...
Is like buying a dress, but they only give you half of it.
Well missing one trick is hardly missing "half of it" but if you really can't find it on the pdf than that's totally worth emailing Daniel about.
If I had 500$ I would probably buy the things via internet, and I would probably make the gimmicks right away,I didnt say in any way that the book was bad...
in fact I am amase with the originalty of the tricks, I just cant make them.
None of the gimmicks in the book will cost you anywhere near $500.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey man, I do sympathise with you.. So he's bought Identity, knowing that there are gimmicks but he can't really afford all the gimmicks, I mean, I don't know about the guys who have endless money supplies and buy everything E and T11 release the minute they come out, but buying several gimmicks for $20 each can add up to quite a bit for someone. I mean heck, I'd rather save on two gimmicks and buy a book or something. It's not $500 but it still adds up.

I'm not really sure what if anything you can do about Identity now, but as a general rule, if you're buying something that needs gimmicks (especially something like this which is almost all gimmicks), ask someone who has it or the creator themselves if the product comes with the gimmick, and if not, how hard it would be to find the gimmicks - are they readily available in your country (might have to ask a few people to find that out), how expensive they are to buy, etc.

If the PDF is actually missing decknine though, you should definitely email him about that.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Hey man, I do sympathise with you.. So he's bought Identity, knowing that there are gimmicks but he can't really afford all the gimmicks, I mean, I don't know about the guys who have endless money supplies and buy everything E and T11 release the minute they come out, but buying several gimmicks for $20 each can add up to quite a bit for someone. I mean heck, I'd rather save on two gimmicks and buy a book or something. It's not $500 but it still adds up.

I'm not really sure what if anything you can do about Identity now, but as a general rule, if you're buying something that needs gimmicks (especially something like this which is almost all gimmicks), ask someone who has it or the creator themselves if the product comes with the gimmick, and if not, how hard it would be to find the gimmicks - are they readily available in your country (might have to ask a few people to find that out), how expensive they are to buy, etc.

If the PDF is actually missing decknine though, you should definitely email him about that.

well first of all, I know it doesnt cost 500$ to buy the materials,It just a mean to express that is some money I have to get again from work to actually make a a gimmick, Come on, next time I am going to get a calculator and do some sums.

Originally Posted by danielmadison.co.uk/ID.htm
Please note that the effects in Identity require construction and some require DIY props.

The book fully explains how to create the effects - mostly with equipment you will already have and if not will be able to get hold of very easily at very minimal cost. The effects are very easy to make, handle and achieve and are designed for heightened reactions in magic and designed to be invisible and easily hidden. Each gimmick can be made within minutes.

So I read that I knew it, But it after I read this part:"mostly with equipment you will already have and if not will be able to get hold of very easily at very minimal cost." man, what do you want me to think? And yes dragon, you repeated it twice, I CAN buy the materials from the internet, but come on! I just sold some videogames to buy this and I cant get money as easily of some of you guys(no disrespect) so. anyway thanks for the posts.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey man - like I said, I sympathise, that first paragraph was directed at everyone else defending you ^.^

I don't have Identity though so I can't help you out there, but I hope you find what you need..

Mar 19, 2008
My place!
yeah the fealing of being really disipointed is terible. the same thing happend when i got some Loops from E. they all broke, but i asked them and they said i should have bought the dvds, but they did send me another pack. i sold them and cut my losses...with profit!

but yeah sorry about the botched puchace, i sympithise

May 19, 2008
manchester
well with a bit of thinking you could make...

1. irreversable
2. memento
3. im not sure about cut
4. the tnr
5. breach
6. and whatever else he has on their impromputu

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
well with a bit of thinking you could make...

1. irreversable
2. memento
3. im not sure about cut
4. the tnr
5. breach
6. and whatever else he has on their impromputu

Yeah, If you read my first post, you can see that I am aware of that, but as I repeat, I dont find them as usefull as the gimmicked ones.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results