I'm back guys, sorry about the wait.

First off for those of you that know me I want to apologize for my recent absence. Most of you that know me, know I have been working on new material and field testing those new ideas. Like I mentioned before I just landed a gig as the new house magician for one of the newest and hottest night clubs in Dallas. Now we will be hosting celebrities and pro sports teams alike. This is what I have been working so hard for for the last 17 years and it's truly a step up for me. Like I promised my newest effect Ransom will be released on December 10 with no for-seen delays. I hope I don't let anyone down and I will be shooting alot of footage for everyone to share my experiences with me. I just wanted to thank those of you that have been supportive to me in this art and I am truly content.

Thank you guys I love this forum!

Shane.

Sep 4, 2007
Shane,

Let me know where and when you are going to be doing your thing. I live not too far from Dallas and my wife and I love to go up and stay at the Westin Galleria.

RJ

I will PM you the address and I will be there every Tuesday and Thursday evening. The club is separating in four parts. One part is the sports area, the other is the 4 star restaurant and full service bar, the third is the dance club and last but not least the private club which is exactly what it sounds like. I will be performing a stage show in the private area once a month and close-up twice a week. I am very excited cause when I went to audition for the job I was going up against some of my closest friends which in my mind are better than me. But they chose me and that tells me something so if you live in the area I will PM you guys with the location and any other information you guys may need. Thanks guys!

No unfortunately. The preview for Ransom was not up to my standards so I scratched some of the original footage and Me and my crew will be shooting additional footage the next couple of weeks. I want the performances to be clear and with a upfront approach so you guys can see every part of the effect. And my Cowboys are doing awesome and I'm lovin it. Tooony Romo is a god. haha.

For those of you that are not aware of Ransom, the effect is really just a visual routine where you have a spectator choose a card sign it and you fold it into four quarters. At this point you show your hands empty and you light the card and it incinerates into thin air. You explain to the spectator how there are spirits that can reform molecules and you can prove it. You then take a kleenex off of the table and rip a corner off of it. (Again showing hands empty) You light the kleenex and their card instantly reappears and you unfold their card showing it signed. I have performed this effect and the reactions are great you can never go wrong with fire magic unless you set yourself on fire. Haha. Check it out in Mid November and have fun with this one I know I have. And Katie I haven't forgot about you you should send me a PM next time your in town I'll get you a cocktail then. A couple of you guys may already have Ransom and feel free to review your thoughts guys I actually submitted the effect to E for mass production but haven't heard from them yet it's only been a couple of weeks though. I plan on submitting it to Theory 11 also. Thanks guys for your support always.

Thanks alot, I will check this out for sure. For a long time I've been looking for a fire effect but I found Jay Sankeys Flash Deck to be a bit too gimmicky for my liking. It sounds like you've put a lot of effort into it, thanks for answering my question.

-RA69

Your Welcome I put alot of time and investment into any of my effects and I'm sure you guys will love this one. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me and I'll try to answer those for you. Thanks.

Shane.

I never understood how people name a trick, and then have patter that doesn't match at all. How do "spirits recombining moledcules" have anything to do with "ransom"?

Well actually the patter I haven't given away yet. It was actually meant to give you guys a general overview of the effect. Although I do understand your meaning towards the patter there is obviously alot more to the story than I am prepared to write. You will have to wait until all the quarks are worked out and then be prepared for the trailer. Like I said I put alot of time and effort into each one of my effects and in the end it will make sense I promise. In the DVD I will explain how I came up with the name Ransom and why.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results