Worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

CruiseH

so i have been contemplating coming back into the cardistry/magic scene for a while now, i have since migrated to being a yoyo player and (glover) tutting dance. i have had greaty experiences with both, gone to competitions and met players and pros. I now have experience with video editing and new creative strength. i also will be able to get a job soon being able to pay (myself) for decks(etc...) and yoyos .

questions :
Important events i may have missed (been out for about 8 months, hard to remember)

where can i get plastic cardistry trainers

important decks, people, moves, etc...

is it worth the time to come back?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Magic and cardistry can always use fresh ideas, creativity, and new perspectives.

Cardistry-con 2 happened not too long ago in NYC.

As for decks. I think The Virts came out with a deck just recently that's a slam dunk for cardists, aesthetic-wise. Theory11 came out with Contraband, which (I think) is their best aesthetic deck to date.

Can't help you with new names. I started cardistry last July.
Anybody that went to Catdistry-con would more than likely be on the up-n-up on any new names to look out for.

I think if you're coming back to cardistry, bring a new perspective.
as far as magic goes, just dont go after the new trick on the block unless it's really going to fit with what you're going to do

Dec 29, 2011
Its ultimately up to you, it seems like you're trying to compare the culture of your different hobbies, maybe it should be more about what you enjoy doing more. With that being said cardistry is ever growing, of course there are new decks, new people, new events.
Is it worth the time to do anything?​

C

CruiseH

well, it's unfortunate I missed cardistry con 2 as it was in NYC. Is it there every year/both years? I was a huge lover of cardistry but I have never been a huge magic person but I looked into it more before I had drifted away for the one reason of whenever I did cardistry someone asked me to do a "card trick". Anyway to get around that? And as for a new perspective, like I said, I have video editing experience and new creative growth. I think I'll give it a go.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results