I'm Looking for a Two-Handed Move

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I feel a bit sheepish asking about this, since one-handed stuff is what I work on.

I'm working on a project and lining up some moves to utilize for it. Here's the thing:

I NEED a two-handed cardistry move.

Difficulty and cliche-ness be damned. I probably lack A LOT of basics about two handed cardistry. I just need a move and a way to get/find the tutorial. As long as I have a tutorial, I'll figure the rest out along the way.

Here's what I'm looking for:

NONE of the positions in the deck can change. So I'm looking for a false cut. Bonus points if it starts off with 3 packets or CAN start off with a 'Z cut'.

Any help or direction or links to tutorials would be greatly appreciated.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Thank you! Sybling looks like it can do the job--even looks like a 'z-cut' can be incorporated in the beginning as well. Sybling is a go!
Sounds a bit weird, but it'll make sense.

And I think this is the first time that something 'harder' has been pitched to me and I'm not about it! Full Nelson just looks nuts! What sucks is that I have NO WAY of incorporating it. Although it's a great example of 'display flourish' and showed me that I need something that does flourish AND display and not just full-on display piece--like 'Werm'.

I've been thinking about it all day and checking out The Wire for potential candidates. SO FAR, I want to use 'Glitch' for the 'flourish & display' capability--even though it gets quickly taken down. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for. I'm a bit on the fence is 'Gravity Stack' is something that I NEED to use or WANT to use and force it in against better judgment.
I'm also looking at Dnomad for the display capability as well :)

But it looks like it'll be a 5-7 segmented flourish routine, now that I've completely opted out of using purely magic for the project (there is NO WAY I can get a clean looking 'Raise Rise' within the next 6 months. I'm on month 2 of Mechanics Pass and it looks like a garbage can).

So yeah, 5-7 flourishes that become the ONLY flourishes I work on for the rest of the year; shouldn't be TOO bad. But this whole project won't be done until the end of the year.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Forgot that there is a 5 minute EDIT window.

Do you know of any flourishes that ONLY have the backs or ONLY the faces of the cards showing.

I saw that 'Glitch' does this in only showing the backs of the cards the entire flourish and it gave me a great idea.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to make the recommendations! 'That Big Thing' looks more like what I'm looking for. But six packets? Man that just looks tough. I'm already having problems with 'Glitch' (I think it's the way the tutorial is done because I'm already making headway on 'Gravity Stack').

I spent about an hour and a half on The Wire and found a couple of others. Are you guys familiar with 'Jackfruit'? That looks like it has good display qualities, but the preview video doesn't really show a good angle of what the display shows in terms of what packets are faces and what are backs. Although it very well could be me not being able to catch it fast enough.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Dan and Dave's The Werm only shows the back.
Sorry if it's too late to reply haha

Oh no. It's going to be a WHILE until I finalize everything. I have two flourishes that I'm practicing and are definitely going to be used. I have about 4 others that I'm still debating on for some reason or another. I'm looking at Werm and I have it written down as a potential candidate

Madonna 3?

That! That, I'm going to have to write down and learn later. That just looks flat out nuts and great for magic routines.
I wish we could edit posts beyond 5 minutes. It's really irritating.
The project shifts and changes around a bit now that I'm been crunching numbers together (as far as time requirements go) and I won't have the time to do the false cut.
Even though Madonna 3 is level-badass.

I'm now down to: Mechanics Pass, Acrobatic, Seis, Allign, Glitch, and 1 other effect

But man, there are so many other flourishes I don't know about and I've only been scouring The Wire so far.

Mar 7, 2015
Oh no. It's going to be a WHILE until I finalize everything. I have two flourishes that I'm practicing and are definitely going to be used. I have about 4 others that I'm still debating on for some reason or another. I'm looking at Werm and I have it written down as a potential candidate

That! That, I'm going to have to write down and learn later. That just looks flat out nuts and great for magic routines.
I wish we could edit posts beyond 5 minutes. It's really irritating.
The project shifts and changes around a bit now that I'm been crunching numbers together (as far as time requirements go) and I won't have the time to do the false cut.
Even though Madonna 3 is level-badass.

I'm now down to: Mechanics Pass, Acrobatic, Seis, Allign, Glitch, and 1 other effect

But man, there are so many other flourishes I don't know about and I've only been scouring The Wire so far.
In that case, try with a move called Chrome. You can easily find a tutorial on youtube. It can be used as a continuation for the werm or just itself. Here is a demonstration I recorded. You just have to change the grip of the card in the middle and hold it between your thumbs. A little messy but you get the idea :)

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
In that case, try with a move called Chrome. You can easily find a tutorial on youtube. It can be used as a continuation for the werm or just itself. Here is a demonstration I recorded. You just have to change the grip of the card in the middle and hold it between your thumbs. A little messy but you get the idea :)

That looks nice! It's also done on a beach. So much better than windy, windy Las Vegas right now. I thought the only way to do 'Werm' was to use your chin or face. Unless you can do Werm without as many sections. In that case, I might be able to do something with it. I'm not sure if I can work with Chrome. Not because of difficulty, but because of the dynamic of the display itself.
I say this at the risk of looking extremely nitpicky and ungrateful.

It is at this point that I realize that I should have stated something more along the lines of 'vertical or horizontal display'. Which sucks because a majority of the display flourishes are crazy and intricate looking.
So now it's a display flourish that only shows the faces or backs and has to be positioned a certain way.
Yep, I have breached 'nitpicky'

Werm could fit the bill though--I'm watching tutorials and watching where certain cards and packets come from and end up. Which sounds a bit strange and vague, but it'll all make sense when I actually get things rolling.

Ironically, I found something that I might be able to work with in the right video-bar of Youtube after watching a Werm tutorial; 'Vatten'

But for now, back to visually dissecting a 'Werm'

Mar 7, 2015
That looks nice! It's also done on a beach. So much better than windy, windy Las Vegas right now. I thought the only way to do 'Werm' was to use your chin or face. Unless you can do Werm without as many sections. In that case, I might be able to do something with it. I'm not sure if I can work with Chrome. Not because of difficulty, but because of the dynamic of the display itself.
I say this at the risk of looking extremely nitpicky and ungrateful.

It is at this point that I realize that I should have stated something more along the lines of 'vertical or horizontal display'. Which sucks because a majority of the display flourishes are crazy and intricate looking.
So now it's a display flourish that only shows the faces or backs and has to be positioned a certain way.
Yep, I have breached 'nitpicky'

Werm could fit the bill though--I'm watching tutorials and watching where certain cards and packets come from and end up. Which sounds a bit strange and vague, but it'll all make sense when I actually get things rolling.

Ironically, I found something that I might be able to work with in the right video-bar of Youtube after watching a Werm tutorial; 'Vatten'

But for now, back to visually dissecting a 'Werm'
Thanks man!
I recommend you to try out chrome, just because it has various grips on it. I'm not that type of cardist which makes insane displays, I think I just know 6-7 flourishes with decent displays. Here is a list of tutorials which you can find on youtube:

• Virus (Noel Heath)
  • Ultimo Sybil (Miquel Roman)
  • Namnlos (Birger Karlsson)
  • Circle
Hope it helps!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results