Ingestible cards

Mar 21, 2016
Howdy,

I am putting together a trick where I eat a card. It takes a while to chew one up and swallow... Any ideas on card decks that would be best?
Or maybe an idea to completely make a card disappear without burning it or pocketing it?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
More like what doesn't kill you you will definitely regret in a couple of days.

Or The Joker, 'What doesn't kill you makes you...stranger.'

As someone who has TRIED eating a card, it's going to take you a while--even a thinner deck. I'd recommend to NOT eat the card, but find some other creative way to 'get rid' of the card, since physically eating the card will take way too long for your audience to wait around for.

Reactions: spandybo
Mar 21, 2016
Or The Joker, 'What doesn't kill you makes you...stranger.'

As someone who has TRIED eating a card, it's going to take you a while--even a thinner deck. I'd recommend to NOT eat the card, but find some other creative way to 'get rid' of the card, since physically eating the card will take way too long for your audience to wait around for.

Gotcha thanks!

Mar 21, 2016
If your really set on eating I would look into the edible 'paper' that is used for cakes and cookies. Like here:

http://www.fancyflours.com/product/...r-5-Sheets/unprinted-blank-edible-wafer-paper

Then you could print the image of the card onto the paper that is sized to the playing card and a switch would give the illusion of the card being eaten. You get to eat cards, your audience will see it and you wont become sick from lots of chemicals.
This would actually work for me. Thanks!

Aug 4, 2015
o_O Well...what are you trying to...accomplish? Get rid of the card? Make it look like it's coming out of your mouth? Are you hungry? Usually you try to make the card re-appear. Not...eat it.

If you want it to make it look like you're puking it, palm the cards and put that hand in your mouth. Then make a puking gesture and TA-DA! You grossed out your audience!

If you want to get rid of the card, just do a simple vanish slight. I don't understand what you're trying to do.

Mar 21, 2016
o_O Well...what are you trying to...accomplish? Get rid of the card? Make it look like it's coming out of your mouth? Are you hungry? Usually you try to make the card re-appear. Not...eat it.

If you want it to make it look like you're puking it, palm the cards and put that hand in your mouth. Then make a puking gesture and TA-DA! You grossed out your audience!

If you want to get rid of the card, just do a simple vanish slight. I don't understand what you're trying to do.
Thanks you for your reply. I am trying to vanish a card and make the audience believe there is no possible way the card can return. I am doing it at a school, so I can't burn it.

Aug 4, 2015
Oh. Well, in that case, you could try this video. EDIT: Whoops. I just realized I'm not alowed to post videos.

Or you could go with plan b and do what Fredrick H. said. Hey, that'd actually be pretty funny if you perform it for your parents.

"What'd you do with the card?"
"I ate it."
"No, really."
"I'm serious. See! *ahhhh* Hey my stomach feels weird."
"Oh, God."

Reactions: spandybo
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results