Insane by Andy Nyman

Mar 16, 2012
i just received insane by andy nyman in the mail today along with rapture and the heritage series decks. i looked over insane and overall ill give it a 4 out of 5, because you are left a little bit dirty at the end, and that for me lower's the rating on it. The method is very simple and straight forward. it will hit hard on laypeople and if you present it right then you have yourself a little ole miracle. Now if performing for a magician then u might not get away with it because simply it 's a simple idea and magicians will know wats going on. Don't get me wrong it is a great effect and will get killer reactions so dont worry about that. i will perfrom this effect soon to someone and see the reactions i get...hopefully there good ones lol but yeah overall i i was happy with my purchase and rapture was amazing as well. the heritage series looks awesome and elagant and i will now be opening them either...haha

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
i just received insane by andy nyman in the mail today along with rapture and the heritage series decks. i looked over insane and overall ill give it a 4 out of 5, because you are left a little bit dirty at the end, and that for me lower's the rating on it. The method is very simple and straight forward. it will hit hard on laypeople and if you present it right then you have yourself a little ole miracle. Now if performing for a magician then u might not get away with it because simply it 's a simple idea and magicians will know wats going on. Don't get me wrong it is a great effect and will get killer reactions so dont worry about that. i will perfrom this effect soon to someone and see the reactions i get...hopefully there good ones lol but yeah overall i i was happy with my purchase and rapture was amazing as well. the heritage series looks awesome and elagant and i will now be opening them either...haha

So are the cards (the revelation cards) examinable at the end or not?

May 9, 2012
New York
I'm pretty sure i figured out the method to insane. do you think i could send you the method i thought of and you could confirm that it's right or wrong? im not asking for a reveal. i'll just describe it you say yes or no.

Mar 16, 2012
there not totally examinable but you can clean up pretty easily if u choose, but you wont even have to worry about that because kno will think that u have gimmicked cards so u should be good

gavinross

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
toledo, ohio
Both cards arent examinable at the end but lets make sure we're not thinking about this effect through magician eyes. A magician is going to see through this effect, but for a lay person it will fry them. After all we do not perform for magicians (We Do Not Perform For Magicians). The method is solid, teaching is solid, and it can be used with many decks. Also, just a personal thought, I dont think you should be giving away the method, even in PM.. let him support the artist as you did with a purchase. It'll be worth it as he gives subtleties honed only from dozens if not hundreds of performances.
-Tyler

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Fellas, we should NOT be PM'ing each other in regards to methods, guessing of methods, etc. If someone wants to make a purchase let them read reviews that will be popping up here soon. I know it seems harmless but it is ethically wrong unless both members own the effect.

Thanks for your understanding.

On another note, I received mine the other day and hope to have some live performances up within a week and a review.

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
I agree with Rick. I'm not sure why you guys think that taking a guess at a method and having someone confirm it or deny it is any different than just saying, "Hey tell me how it's done so I don't have to purchase it"?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
People always complain how magic is so expensive. For this reason I think it should cost more so that only those serious about it will have access to the secrets.

People always complain how magic is so expensive. For this reason I think it should cost more so that only those serious about it will have access to the secrets.

Or it could just be some of us are, you know, broke. Just because we are serious doesn't mean we have a few bundles of cash lying about. Not saying any trick is under or over priced, just hard to decided between a nice effect, or you know, food. And I'm an even worse case because before magic I have a hardcore deck collecting obsession I need to feed.

But thats just me... Most paychecks are a struggle between eating, or buying more rare decks.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
There are VERY easy and ETHICAL ways to learn magic on little to no money.

In the past few years, I have entered almost every magic contest I see. Entering is never really more difficult than posting a video, and sometimes as easy as answering trivia questions. I've personally won thousands of dollars worth of magic since I started entering contests. Enter as many as you can and you'll win more often than you think. If it's a product you know you'll never use, enter anyway. You can always sell it and use the money to buy a product you really do want.

Additionally, there's a ton of free, public domain resources to magic. You can access The Expert At The Card Table for free totally legally, it's public domain! Websites like The Learned Pig also offer tons of free resources. Libraries are also known to have hidden gems... as in, magic books that shouldn't be available to the public, but are.

Finally, nothing beats creating your own material. That means you get to perform stuff nobody else is doing.

NEVER use the excuse of being "too broke" as justification for trading secrets. There's always a way to learn magic no matter what.

Case in point: I won a copy of this very product, Insane, just a few weeks ago and it is on its way to my mailbox totally free of charge.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I second what Michael has said. WAY back when the very first EMC (Essential Magic Conference) was about to get started, (well over a year before my involvment with theory11 was even an idea) theory11 threw together a quick Twitter contest. They asked a question and offered a free EMC pass to the first person with an answer. I had mad Google skills and found the answer in a heartbeat. I managed to win a pass to EMC 2010. There was gold in that event. Absolutely priceless.

I have won other magic contests. They are everywhere! We have a contest every single week here at theory11 (Saturday nights) and we offer random contests just for kicks on out social media streams. That is just theory11. There is lots of free magic out there, you just need to go find it.

Keep your eyes open!

// L

Mar 16, 2012
Both cards arent examinable at the end but lets make sure we're not thinking about this effect through magician eyes. A magician is going to see through this effect, but for a lay person it will fry them. After all we do not perform for magicians (We Do Not Perform For Magicians). The method is solid, teaching is solid, and it can be used with many decks. Also, just a personal thought, I dont think you should be giving away the method, even in PM.. let him support the artist as you did with a purchase. It'll be worth it as he gives subtleties honed only from dozens if not hundreds of performances.
-Tyler

i didnt give him the method he took a guess and got it wrong, i woulnt reveal the trick thats why i actually bought the trick and was honored to see such a great trick

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
i didnt give him the method he took a guess and got it wrong, i woulnt reveal the trick thats why i actually bought the trick and was honored to see such a great trick

Yeah, I admit I got a little dramatic with my last post there. The worry is, if he did guess the right method and you said yes would that be exposure?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yeah, I admit I got a little dramatic with my last post there. The worry is, if he did guess the right method and you said yes would that be exposure?

Yes, in my opinion. I've kept people guessing on methods for ages, even after they guessed right.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Yes, in my opinion. I've kept people guessing on methods for ages, even after they guessed right.
Me too :)
I consider this exposure as well.
Even when jamming I'm not the guy that explains everything :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results