Interlace by Richard Sanders

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
INTERLACE

EFFECT: The magician borrows a finger ring and it completely vanishes moments later! But it's not gone forever as the magician shows that the borrowed ring is tied to his shoelace! The ring is not switched an it can be any ring. It really is the spectator's ring on your shoelace! The ring is then cleanly removed and given back to the spectators.

COST: Between $50-$75 and you get numerous items including a booklet, instructional DVD, and every gimmick needed to perform Interlace.

REVIEW: Interlace is hot... really it is. It gets my vote as one of the best effects of 2007, as the method is so clever and the effect itself is killer. Get this... there are NO Switches, NO funny moves, and NO limits to the possibilities for this effect! The Interlace Kit comes with absolutely everything you need to construct the gimmick. Unless you don't own shoes, you will not have to go out and buy a single thing. Richard Sanders really went all-out for this effect. The gimmick is made up of numerous different smaller gimmicks, and all are extremely well-made and will last you for a very long time. The gimmick will take about half an hour to assemble and then you're set for life... and will be ready to perform Interlace frequently. The effect also instantly resets making it the perfect effect to do anywhere.

Here it comes... The DVD. The DVD is probably the best I have ever seen put out with a single effect. The manin menu is very nicely put together and is very specific... it is all very professional. The DVD goes into a very in-depth explanation of assembling the gimmick. They even do it in real time with no cuts or editing just to show you exactly what you need to do just so the assembly of your gimmick is quick and perfect. Once the assembly is complete, Richard goes into many different ways of vanishing the borrowed ring, and all of them are practical, working methods that are very good. Once the ring vanishes are covered he talks about making it reappaear on the shoelace, talking about everything you need to know. He also goes through trobuleshooting for the gimmick to help it work 100% of the time.

After all of the essentials are covered, he goes into a TON of different handlings for Interlace. Not one of them is a flop... they are all worker's methods that are deliberately practical and very easy to accomplish. He makes all of this crystal clear, and even teaches a great method without the main gimmick that is good for busking and such and can be done surrounded. Actually, every handling of Interlace can be done totally surrounded! That's the beauty of it. My favourite handlings as explained by Richard are the handlings in which you are one ahead of the spectators making the method virtually undetectable.. This includes a fantastic handling using is fantastic ANY RING Hankerchief, which is a very clever ring vanishing hankerchief as well as a handling using a flash paper style vanish. Another great handling includes a full Ring and String routine using Interlace as the finale. This is stellar work.

The reaction value is impeccible and I shiver when I think about the potential this effect has to scared the bejesus out of someone.... it's really that good. If yo purchase ANY RING with this you have a match made in heaven and a perfect effect. Two stunners in a row that each pack a very hard and heavy punch, what more could you ask for in a street effect?

Interlace can be performed in virtually any setting, anytime, anywhere and with anyone's finger ring. I've even seen this effect performed on stage and it kills! You can do this anywhere.. Restaurant, street, close-up, stage, parlour, anywhere! The possibilities for this are endless!

The price may seem high, but it is justified for everything included. Honestly, I think Interlace is worth a heck of a lot more than $50, not just in material value but in the value of the amazing potential this effect really has. Also, I must say BE CAREFUL installing the gimmick... be sure to take the time to set it up properly so it works every time. I made the mistake of installing my gimmick a little bit off, and now certain precautions need to be taken to perform this effect smoothly. Don' let this be a problem! Really watch the DVD and make sure you follow along with what is happening. You won't even have to pause or rewind the DVD since, as stated, everything is filmed in real time.

The gimmick is genius, everything is included, everything is high quality, what more could you ask for in an effect? This is practical, fairly easy to do and can be done anywhere, even surrounded. A real worker's piece that should be added to your collection right away.

Overall I give this fantastic effect a 9/10. You will get heavy reactions, and most of all you will have a lot of fun perorming it as well. The gimmick is fast acting and totally silent and everything instantly resets. Highly recommended!

See a demo and more information at www.sandersfx.com

Michael Kras

Sep 10, 2007
Boston, MA
interlace- question

With the modification of the pants that I can only assume is needed, is the pocket still usable for normal pocket objects? Are jeans suitable?

It looks like a great trick. If only I didn't work for a non-profit, I'd have ordered it already...
--matt

wpt1031

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Toledo Ohio
The effect is genius but I have yet to build my own gimmick yet. I really want to but i'm just really lazy. Richard Sanders makes yet another superb product. I do recommend getting his Any Ring gimmick it in my opinion helps really enchances the effect. Good review by the way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results