Introduce Yourself

Name: Trent Halliwell

Birth-date:August 21st, 1990

First Book: Art of Astonishment
Genre of Magic: Mostly cards, a tiny bit of coins

Hobbies: Music (Both listening and playing), Magic, Video games (not so much lately but I used to be pretty into them)

History: Born in whitecourt AB, Moved to Edson when I was three. I watched a David Blaine Street Magic special on TV when I was younger and saw him do a card through window that blew me away. I had always wanted something I could carry in my pocket, pull out in front of people and blow thier minds with. Card magic discovered me and I found my answer.

Intrigued to see what others will put.

Sep 1, 2007
Name: Michael Wiggins

Location: Houstin Texas, USA. Don't ask to meet me if you live near me...I'm not in the mood to meet strangers.

Birth Date: May 20, 1992

Magic Experience: About 9 Months now, but because I had a summer to practice amoung little else to do, I've acquired the knowledge and experience of somebody whose been in it about a year.

Performing Experience: I started performing in late june, but because of lacking a good place to perform, I have about half as much experience as I should. But school just started and my high school is a good environment to perform in, so that should change.

First Magic Book: Expert at the Card Table.

Genre of Magic: Almost only cards, but when see/learn a cool coin effect I'll go for it. Pk falls under mentalism I suppose, so all the work I do with my ET is mentalism, but I have yet to take that out in public. I'm still building up my confidence in the device's consistency.

Hobbies: Basketball, tennis, magic of course, some video games, like Gears of War, Halo, supersmash brothers, Conker's bad fur day, a really ecclectic assortment. Hanging out with friends, listening to music, I like to produce videos of any kind, but magic is often my only worthwhile thing to put on film, though it's even rare that I feel one effect is ready to be put into film....anyway, I really just do what I'm in the mood for at the time, regardless of what it is...take walks, juggle, ride my skateboard even though I can't do any tricks haha, I like to walk around on my roof, because It gives me a cool perspective of my neighborhood, since my house is pretty tall, Play with my cats and my python...Occasionally I read, if a book interests me, like Slaughterhouse 5, and John Grisham novels...this n' that.

That's me, any questions, feel free to ask, but I doubt anybody is interested.

~michael, Miguel, whatever name seems fitting at the time.

Name: Tim Hendry

Birth Date: July 2, 1991

Magic Experience: Four years and counting.

First Magic Book: Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic along with Bobos Modern Coin Magic.

Genre of Magic: It's a mixture of cards, mentalism and kid's effects. I prefer working in a close up atmosphere but I have worked some big venues.

Hobbies: Magic of course, Instrumental Music (Clarinet, Guitar and Saxophone) and Rubik's Cube Solving.

That's my Introduction.

Cheers Tim

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
Name - Ty

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Birth Date - January 19th

Experience - On and off 4 years

First magic book - "The Magic Book"

Genre of Magic - Close-up magic

Hobbies - Apart from magic, I enjoy playing and writing music, reading, hanging with friends and family, and spending time with my girl :D

History - A lil' bit of my magic background. I started fooling around with magic when I was quite young (5) and have been interested in it ever since. Never really took it that seriously, until I entered high-school, finding (e) and really beginning to build my foundations. I took a substantial hiatus from magic in late 2004 - early 2005 and have been going steady ever since. My inspirations range from Whit Haydn to Justin Miller, and I my favourtie effect to perform is the ID.

Cheers.

Name: Ryan Nelson

Birth Date: 9/17/92

Magic Experience: 6 years

First Magic Book: Royal Road to Card Magic

Genre of Magic: I generalize in my magic. I have a balance of everything. Cards, coins, street, stage, mentalism, comedy. I try to do a little of everything.

Hobbies: Performing, Football, Hangin Out With Freinds, Magic Forums, Xbox 360, Myspace.

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Name: Jacob
Experiance: 1 1/2 years
Genre of magic: Close up
Hobbies: Hockey
Birthday: October 22 (Pretty soon!)
First magic book: The everything card tricks book
First magic DVD: The Trilogy
Favourate trick: Collectors
Favourate living magician: David Blaine
Favourate all time magician: Dai Vernon
Insperations: David Copperfield (Saw his show live)

Sep 1, 2007
Hello!

I'm Don, 14, also known as D. Tran, and I am from Virginia.

It's a pleasure to meet you guys and gals.

-D. Tran

Sep 1, 2007
Might as well pitch in.

Name: Alexander Vornov

DOB: November 17, 1984

Experience: 3 years this October

First Book: Basic Card Technique by Anthony Norman

Genre: A blend of close-up, stage, bizarrist, and some mentalism.

Hobbies: Parkour, cooking, martial arts, guitar, singing (or more specifically, growling), movies, heavy metal, Goth rock, writing, PC gaming, comics, Goth arts and crafts

Something About Me No One Else Knows: Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Name: alex "fluffy" harber (thats right i said it!)

Nicknames: spadeZ, Fluffy, watch this and you will understand

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...177&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

DOB: November 9,1993

Experience: about a year

First Book: color changing book

Genre: close-up, street, flashy "magic" (upside down spring) flourishes

Hobbies: cards, card collecting, video games,starting basic video production

i've really been into magic sence i was about 5 but i didn't start performing until about a year ago

Aug 31, 2007
Newton, MA
Name: Adam Cole
DOB: October 11, 1990
Experience: Been into magic for around 8 years or so...since I was a youngling
Genre: Close up
Hobbies: Basketball, Video games, reading, friends, etc.

Sep 1, 2007
hey

Name: Wilson Ku

Birthdate: 12/22/1992

Magic Experience: 1 year

First book: The Encyclopedia of Card Tricks

Genre of magic: Cards , Coins , Mentallism , Geek Magic , Street etc.

Hobbies: Sports , hanging with Friends, TV , Computer

NickNames : Will , Magic Guy , Wu Tang, Wiiiillllllssssooooonnnn

-Wilson

Name: Curtis Miles

Birthdate: march 31st, 19-somthing

Magic Experience: 20 +years

First book: Sandy and Bing ( around 1973 )

Genre of magic: close-up, corporate commercial

Hobbies: Power lifting, picking on my 5 kids, scaring boyfriends.

Some of you already know me, to those who don't, I hope you get the chance!

Curtis "Miles of Magic"

Sep 1, 2007
Might as well pitch in.

Name: Alexander Vornov

DOB: November 17, 1984

Experience: 3 years this October

First Book: Basic Card Technique by Anthony Norman

Genre: A blend of close-up, stage, bizarrist, and some mentalism.

Hobbies: Parkour, cooking, martial arts, guitar, singing (or more specifically, growling), movies, heavy metal, Goth rock, writing, PC gaming, comics, Goth arts and crafts

Something About Me No One Else Knows: Yes.

What's your favorite band?

Sep 1, 2007
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Name: William Gemmell

Birth Date: 05/30/83

Magic Experience: about 8 years, on and off for the first five or so, and not until the last year I would say that I just realized that I enjoy this so much that I wanted to put the time, mind, effort, and the seriousness that I had to in order to understand certain things, and to achieve what I wanted...

First Magic Book: wow, can't remember my first book, long time ago.

Genre of Magic: Coin Magic, I love coin magic. Card magic, Although I love coins more, I really enjoy cards also. I would say they are about even on scale right now. I have a couple hard hitting coin and card tricks, that I put alot of time into.

Hobbies: Aviation, I am a Private Pilot and I love to fly. Chess, Golf, Learning...I just love to learn, especially if it is science or physics.

"What happened to you Badrinath"

Sep 2, 2007
California
Name: Timbo <--- in real life I go by Tim, but I keep that nickname for internet purposes

Birth Date: 12/9/89

Magic Experience: 2 years

First Magic Book: Usborne Book of Magic

Genre of Magic: Cards, coins, mentalism, and just about anything with close-up magic. I like to involve comedy when I perform rather than be too serious

Hobbies: Being with friends, running, basketball, eating, sleeping, and of course, sleight of hand.

Sep 1, 2007
Come on, I know there are more members here than this.

To the ones that did already introduce themselves, glad to meet you all. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you in the near future.

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results