Introduce Yourself

Sep 1, 2007
Name: Jamie L.

Birth date: August 3

Magic Experience: 2 Years

Genre of Magic: Close Up Card Magic

Hobbies: Piano, Guitar, Tennis, Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Biking, Art Creation & Collection, Magic, Cardistry, Hanging Out

First Magic Book: The Royal Road To Card Magic

Currently Studying: Erdnase, Revelations

Sep 2, 2007
Dave, I enjoy your contributions to E. I am a frequent customer and a vister to the forums there, though usually I didn't have the time to post. Now, I am a customer and vister to the forums of Theory 11.

Name: Jack Pettite

Birth Date: 11/09/87

Magic Experience: 3 years

First Magic Book: The Complete Encyclopedia of Magic

Genre of Magic: Mainly card magic, and sometimes with coins. I also have never touched a sponge ball in my life, nor do I plan on it. However, I do enjoy watching magic with sponge balls. While I'm a fan of mentalism, I am not into performing it, for its not my style or personality.

Hobbies: Playing sports, Watching sports, Playing fantasy football, Card throwing, Working out, School, Economics, Chemistry, and Learning anything new that could be used to brighten the lives of others for even a femtosecond.

Cheers,
JTM

Hello everyone!

Some of you may know me from Penguin or YouTube.

I'm Steven, I've had about 1 year total experience performing illusion; 6 months of which consisted of walk-around for tips at malls, downtown districts, public venues, etc. During this time, I gained a little over $400 and plenty of experience regarding crowd control, routine fluidity, and working with another magician. The remaining 6 months are scattered from age 14 to the present, and consist of table-hopping for family and friends' parties, impromptu shows at school, shows for parties, etc.

I'm honestly mostly self-taught. A lot of people look down on this, but I've made something special with the way I do things. I definitely specialize in cards, and to a lesser extent coins. I'm not a walking encyclopedia of sleights, tricks, and creators, but I will do my best to help you with any concerns. I've spent over a thousand dollars on magic, but most of the stuff I perform regularly, stuff that's in my routines, is simple, un-gimmicked, and hard-hitting. I simply love to practice, I can't explain it. I spend at least an hour a day practicing sleights, perfecting patter, or tweaking routines. I haven't read many books, or purchased many DVDs, but I practice what I learn, discover, or invent, and take that to the next level with patter, "routining", and practice. I take pride in incorporating what I learn with what I've learned, and most of my material has gone through hundreds of performances.

With that said, I prefer to let my experience show through my posts.

I think this is a great thing you all have going on here; 11 guys, who are all obviously brilliant creators and teachers, coming together to sell some quality stuff. I don't have doubts about how genuine they are; I really think they're selling and teaching some clever stuff to expand the art. I look forward to getting to know the people on these forums, and I'd love nothing more than to be able to help some people out. I know what it feels like to be 12 years old with a thirst for performing and a love for illusion, yet no budget nor means of obtaining instruction.

Nice to meet you, I'm Steven. How may I help you? :)

Sep 1, 2007
Hey, welcome aboard. You are pretty brave to get out there after only 6 months, so kudos to you!

I know what it feels like to be 12 years old with a thirst for performing and a love for illusion, yet no budget nor means of obtaining instruction.

Amen to that bro, haha. I'm 14 (turning 15 on the 17th) and am trying to get a job at the local supermarket and Sonic so I can get a little more income so I can get my name out there and get noticed.

Anyways, I'm Ryan and have been doing magic since I was 9 so that makes it about 6 years now so any question you have, shoot me over a message and I'll get you an answer if I can. It's good to have you here Steven.

Amen to that bro, haha. I'm 14 (turning 15 on the 17th) and am trying to get a job at the local supermarket and Sonic so I can get a little more income so I can get my name out there and get noticed.

Anyways, I'm Ryan and have been doing magic since I was 9 so that makes it about 6 years now so any question you have, shoot me over a message and I'll get you an answer if I can. It's good to have you here Steven.

I'm only sixteen, but once you start using magic to make money, it becomes a lot more self sufficient....you also realize how damn expensive magic is, hah.

I wish we had a sonic around here. We have the damn tantalizing commercials but no resteraunt, it's torture!

Sep 1, 2007
Name: JR Pourchot

Birth Date: 4/9/89

Magic Experience: 7 years

First Magic Book: Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic (first actual book on magic,my first,first book was from the library,can't remember the name though.)

Genre of Magic: Mainly Mentalism and Cards,some Coins.

Hobbies: Besides magic - Tae Kwon Do,Poker and other card games,Tubing,Knee Boarding,Wake Boarding,Hanging out with friends,Listening to music,and just living life to it's fullest.

Music: My favorite bands are: Korn,Jimmy Eat World,Motion City Soundtrack,Rob Zombie,Pantera,Eminem,Snoop Dog,Ying Yang Twins,Slipknot,50-cent,and a lot of other rap bands.So basically I listen to Rap,Metal,Rock,and Alternative.

-JR Pourchot-

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys, I'm new here.

Hello Everybody,

I was just letting you guys know I am new to the forums... Some of you may know me from the Ellusionist forums. I'll introduce myself a little. I perform close up tabled card magic (some coins) at parties, hospitals and such. I have been doing magic for about exactly one year now.

Thank you,
Brenden

Name: Kolisar

Birth Date: Winter, 1965

Magic Experience: 31+ years

First Magic Book: The Amateur Magician's Handbook by Henry Hay

Genre of Magic: Cards and Coins, no gaffes or gimmicks only sleight of hand. I am currently moving into gambling and mentalism.

Hobbies: Lock Picking (combination and keyed), Mandarin Chinese

Name: Evan Bourcier

Birth Date: 08/12/93

Magic Experience: 1 year seriously, but about 5 on and off

First Magic Book: First I can't remember, I borrowed from the library, but I just got J. Bobo's modern coin magic, awesome book!

Genre of Magic: Cards, Coins, mentalism, Geek, Everything else...
I honestly will do any trick I think is worth the money and practice involved, no matter the genre.

Hobbies: Magic, Movies, ps3, World Of Warcraft (if you play PM me.), Baseball, Hanging out, Music, all kinds of stuff I guess.

Well, that's about it.
If I missed anything lemme know.

Thanks,
Evan

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Name: Matt Jones

Genre: Street, Close-up, Cards

Experience: almost 2 years

First Magic Book: Psychological Subtleties by Banacheck

Hobbies: Guitar, Video Editing, Motorcycles, Keeping up with old friends...

Thanks,

-Matt

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results