Invisible Deck questions/issues

Feb 5, 2017
I recently got my first ID and just had a few questions about it. It seems that even if I use lots of pressure while spreading, many cards flash. It only flashes a little bit, so only the white edge of the card shows, but it I feel like it shouldn't flash at all. Is it normal for the cards to separate slightly? Or should they only separate when you want them to?

Also, I have heard that using a felt cloth on the cards helps make them stay together when the deck starts to get a bit worn...does using felt actually work? And if so, can anyone explain why? I'm rather curious. Thanks for your help!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I don't apply any pressure to the cards when spreading the deck, rather I push the cards over using my left thumb. To show the reversed card, I contact the bottom of that card with the second and third fingers of the left hand.

I've never heard of using felt cloth on the deck where the pairs touch. I have heard of polishing the back of the cards to make them slide better, but that is typically in older books and not really applicable to cards with modern finishes.

Feb 5, 2017
I don't apply any pressure to the cards when spreading the deck, rather I push the cards over using my left thumb. To show the reversed card, I contact the bottom of that card with the second and third fingers of the left hand.

I've never heard of using felt cloth on the deck where the pairs touch. I have heard of polishing the back of the cards to make them slide better, but that is typically in older books and not really applicable to cards with modern finishes.
So when you are spreading the cards, do any of them flash a little? Or do they stay together perfectly?

Feb 5, 2017
Perfectly. There is no need to use any pressure.
Ok. I have one card in particular that could use a touching up. However I don't really want to go and get an entire thing of RF for just one card. Do you have any recommendations on alternatives?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results