Invisible deck

Sep 1, 2007
On the invisible deck, there is absolutely no reason to spend your money on a DVD.

I'm going to politely disagree as there have been some very nice DVDs that explore the possibilities of the gimmick. Jay Sankey's Invisible for example is one of his better works.

I know it sounds like I **** on DVDs a lot, but only because so many of them are crap. While Jay's work tends to be hit-and-miss, his compilation DVDs are actually some of his strongest works.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
I'm going to politely disagree as there have been some very nice DVDs that explore the possibilities of the gimmick. Jay Sankey's Invisible for example is one of his better works.

I know it sounds like I **** on DVDs a lot, but only because so many of them are crap. While Jay's work tends to be hit-and-miss, his compilation DVDs are actually some of his strongest works.
I hadn't considered that, I was more referring to DVD's that teach how to use the invisible deck or just the classic routine. Which I have seen quite a few of. Now that I think about it, I already know of quite a few invisible deck resources that are pretty darn good. Aside from DM's work that I already mentioned, which isn't technically speaking invisible deck.

Jun 28, 2013
I completely ignored this thread for a while, there is a why I don't like Ellusionist. Look at Justin Miller, his effects are definitely awesome, but Ellusionist completely leaves out a lot of the explanation. Daniel Madison I don't like him for the same reason, im not that advanced with magic so teaching is probably what I need right now. That's why I only use theory 11 (excluding some cards from Ellusionist) I kept giving Ellusionist a chance I spent quite a lot of money from there. Look at divorce, one of the key techniques to hiding the ring on your finger he just skimmed through it. It took me a good 20 minutes of looking around to find it. Card in bottle, coolest effect, yet the teaching is horrible!

Apr 17, 2013
I completely ignored this thread for a while, there is a why I don't like Ellusionist. Look at Justin Miller, his effects are definitely awesome, but Ellusionist completely leaves out a lot of the explanation. Daniel Madison I don't like him for the same reason, im not that advanced with magic so teaching is probably what I need right now. That's why I only use theory 11 (excluding some cards from Ellusionist) I kept giving Ellusionist a chance I spent quite a lot of money from there. Look at divorce, one of the key techniques to hiding the ring on your finger he just skimmed through it. It took me a good 20 minutes of looking around to find it. Card in bottle, coolest effect, yet the teaching is horrible!

This is why it is a good idea to have a solid foundation in the basics that you learn in Mark Wilson and Tarbell. You have to learn to crawl before you can walk.

Oct 29, 2013
I really like Justin Miller too. But in my opinion, Daniel Madison effects are by far the best. And are you talking of "card in bottle" by Laura London? I don't like that effect too much.

But if you want to learn basic stuff now, check Daniel Madison's Mechanic DVD. 3 hours of explanation. You can't say he doesn't explain properly. And the moves are simply fantastic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results