Invisible Elastic Thread

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
I am interested in buying a reel of Invisible elastic thread for loops.
For all thread workers out there I need some opinions thanks :p

Im tossing between

-Loops by Yigal Mesika (100ft reel)

-Infinity V2 by Brownbeautymagic.com (300ft because they dont sell the infinity reel anymore)

-Silk Worm (500 ft)

Which one of these are the best for value and performance?

Cheers

D

Deleted member 2755

I am interested in buying a reel of Invisible elastic thread for loops.
For all thread workers out there I need some opinions thanks :p

Im tossing between

-Loops by Yigal Mesika (100ft reel)

-Infinity V2 by Brownbeautymagic.com (300ft because they dont sell the infinity reel anymore)

-Silk Worm (500 ft)

Which one of these are the best for value and performance?

Cheers

Awwww. I have the spool and think its great. That's depressing they don't sell it anymore. :(.....

Anyway, I haven't tried any of these with the exception of Infinity Thread and I love it. So if it were up to me, I'd go with Infinity Thread. ;) I haven't tried the others though so my word means nothing.

-Doug

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Um...
Loops: Original Stuff, some people like sticking with this thread. They say its better... somehow... dunno. I think its too visible.
Infinity Thread: Never used this stuff, but judging from many reviews. Its three ply, once split is pretty invisible and also pretty strong.
Silk Worm: My current choice. Love this stuff. Comes in three colors: Black White and Clear. Each for their own purposes... I use clear mostly as I like working in the light and against bright backgrounds, which black simply doesn't work with. This stuff stretches pretty well. Needs working into, but all threads do. Comes in a nice small reel about the size of a 8 nickels. Pretty nice small carry round thing. I would recommend this in clear as it is pretty damn invisible. You can basically lose this stuff on your arm, which I did a couple of times. *in the morning* "Hey Look! A loops still on my arm". I never ran out of this stuff before and am still on my first reel. For strength, its not bad. It wont lift a cup or anything, but it is able to do normal haunted decks, rotating fork, floating paper balls, box monster, etc. Love the stuff.

Nov 8, 2007
I've been tying my own Loops using Mesika's Elastics for quite a while now, and have never had anything but success and good experiences with it. It's tough and reliable and does just fine in lighting. I use Loops regularly and absolutely love them.

Mar 9, 2008
houston, tx
I use Yigal Elastics, i love them, i also make my own loop thread instead of buying the package for 10 dollars. There is also a real good dvd you might want to check out by Justin Miller, its called "The Cloak" he teaches you ways of using Yigal Elastics where you can show your hands cleanly and be more free in movement unlike Loops your limited on movement.

Sep 2, 2007
Visalia, CA
Go with the infinity thread! I have the 300 feet one. I've tried Yigal's and in my opinion theres no comparison. Oh and here's a quote from Justin Millers review for infinity thread.

"The Cloak which comes out in July, all my LOOPS workshops, will now be switched over to The Infinity Thread..."- Justin N. Miller

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
First of all, Loops are not a reel. I don't know what you mean by that.

Second of all, you should get this; it's great and hasn't let me down yet: https://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=542

Well I clearly understand that loops are not reels of thread, however I said that I use these reels of IET only for loops and I was wondering which one would be best suited to me.

I have heard great things about Silk Worm on various forums, so I might consider buying that.

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
I'm sorry; the way you phrased this ["Loops by Yigal Mesika (100ft reel)"] kind of confused me.

Anyway, you should seriously consider getting the thread I posted. A lot of IT's say they don't reflect light, but most of the time it's not true. The PET 2.0 is about 60 m (250+ feet) and it is really invisible. It's very thin and stretchy, and strong too.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results